file Anesthetic Touch and prevention

03 Jan 2012 15:42 #19787 by Steinar
Hi!
I have a question about anesthetic touch at OBE. I know minions can dodge this strike and similar strikes, but is the damage possible to prevent by e.x fortitude?

Anesthetic Touch [BL:C1, LoB:C]
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Obeah/Auspex
Only usable at close range.
[aus] Strike: dodge.
[obe] Strike: hand strike. Combat ends immediately after the resolution of this strike.
[OBE] As [obe] above, with first strike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 15:50 #19788 by Ohlmann
Yes you can prevent the damage w/ fortitude card (except some strange card restriction that I don't know of). Why wouldn't you ?

The only case where I have a doubt would be with strike card that prevent damage. I don't know if you can prevent the damage from a first strike strike with a strike that prevent. But I don't know any strike that prevent damage (Bundi, maybe ?)

More
03 Jan 2012 15:58 #19789 by Steinar
I just wondered because the combat ends immediately after the strike

More
03 Jan 2012 16:01 #19790 by Ankha

Yes you can prevent the damage w/ fortitude card (except some strange card restriction that I don't know of). Why wouldn't you ?

The only case where I have a doubt would be with strike card that prevent damage. I don't know if you can prevent the damage from a first strike strike with a strike that prevent. But I don't know any strike that prevent damage (Bundi, maybe ?)

Nightstick and Forearm Block provide strikes that prevents damage. They don't work against strike with first strike, since they are declared at the same time but resolve after the strike with First strike.
(Similary, when playing a Theft of Vitae against a First strike, you'll steal the blood once the First strike have resolved.)

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/343cea02b636ce5a?pli=1

Name: Nightstick
[LotN:U]
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 1 pool
Melee weapon.
Strike: strength+1 damage. Or strike: prevent 3 damage {to this striking minion} from the opposing minion's next hand or melee weapon strike this round (including any currently-resolving hand or melee weapon strike). Only usable once each round.

Name: Forearm Block
[LotN:C]
Strike: prevent 2 damage from the opposing minion's next hand strike this round (including any currently-resolving hand strike). If another round of combat occurs, this minion gets first strike on his or her initial strike that round.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Jan 2012 16:04 #19791 by Ankha

I just wondered because the combat ends immediately after the strike

Even if the combat ends after the strike, you still have to resolve the strike (including any burn blood due to damage or prevention of that damage.)
Since "combat ends" moves you to the end of the round, you can also play a Disarm right after resolving Anesthetic Touch.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Jan 2012 16:22 #19795 by echiang

Nightstick and Forearm Block provide strikes that prevents damage. They don't work against strike with first strike, since they are declared at the same time but resolve after the strike with First strike.
(Similary, when playing a Theft of Vitae against a First strike, you'll steal the blood once the First strike have resolved.)

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/343cea02b636ce5a?pli=1

Name: Nightstick
[LotN:U]
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 1 pool
Melee weapon.
Strike: strength+1 damage. Or strike: prevent 3 damage {to this striking minion} from the opposing minion's next hand or melee weapon strike this round (including any currently-resolving hand or melee weapon strike). Only usable once each round.

Name: Forearm Block
[LotN:C]
Strike: prevent 2 damage from the opposing minion's next hand strike this round (including any currently-resolving hand strike). If another round of combat occurs, this minion gets first strike on his or her initial strike that round.

Interestingly enough, although Nightstick and Forearm Block work too late to prevent the damage from the opponent's First Strike, the damage prevention effect is still around and may end up functioning if the opposing minion tries to take any additional strikes (since those would then count as the opposing minion's *next hand strike*).

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds