compress Playing multiples of the same card

05 May 2012 19:44 - 05 May 2012 19:46 #29445 by Nagorak
I've recently begun playing VTES again with friends after many years.

One of my friends claims that you cannot play the same card multiple times during an action or reaction. For example, he claims you cannot use two Eagle's Sights in succession to get +2 intercept, or two Faceless Nights in succession to get +2 stealth.

I checked the rules and I can't find anything that says this. I see that each vampire can only play action cards one time, and that you can only take one bleed or political action, but I don't see anything that limits the stacking of other reaction or action modifier cards. Also some cards specifically state they can't be played multiple times, like Taste of Vitae, which makes me doubt that you can't play multiples of a card.

Needless to say this make a major difference in how I build my deck because if I really can never stack Eagles Sights, for example, then I need more variety in order to ensure ever having more than +1 intercept.
Last edit: 05 May 2012 19:46 by Nagorak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2012 19:52 - 05 May 2012 19:54 #29446 by Ohlmann

Action modifier cards: The acting minion can play these cards to modify his action. For example, some action modifiers increase the acting minion's stealth or bleed amount or give him more votes. A minion cannot play the same action modifier more than once during a single action.

In bold, the important part.
Reaction follow the same rule :

Reaction cards: A ready untapped minion can play a reaction card in response to an action taken by another Methuselah's minion (an action taken by one of a Methuselah's minions cannot be reacted to by any of her own minions). A minion cannot play the same reaction card more than once during a single action. A reaction card does not tap the minion using it.

Lastly, a minion that untap during your turn (via Rutor Hand or Freak Drive) can't do the same action card a second time, nor can he bleed two time or propose two political action on the same turn
Last edit: 05 May 2012 19:54 by Ohlmann.

More
05 May 2012 19:54 #29447 by Izaak
Your friend is correct.

In the rulebook under 1.6.3

Action modifier cards: The acting minion can play these cards to modify his action. For example, some action modifiers increase the acting minion's stealth or bleed amount or give him more votes. A minion cannot play the same action modifier more than once during a single action.

and

Reaction cards: A ready untapped minion can play a reaction card in response to an action taken by another Methuselah's minion (an action taken by one of a Methuselah's minions cannot be reacted to by any of her own minions). A minion cannot play the same reaction card more than once during a single action. A reaction card does not tap the minion using it.

Note that combat cards are not limited as such.

More
05 May 2012 20:03 #29448 by Nagorak
Thanks for the clarification. I guess I didn't read down far enough. My mistake.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds