question-circle Master Card Requirements Clarification

22 May 2012 22:56 - 22 May 2012 22:57 #31005 by Nagorak
I just wanted to clarify how card requirements work with master cards. It is my understanding if a card requires a certain clan, let's say Ventrue, that it can't be played unless you control a vampire from that clan.

So, for example, if you draw an Uptown Hunting Ground in your opening hand, you could not actually play that card until you get a Ventrue into play, even if your crypt is comprised entirely of Ventrue (just having uncontrolled Ventrue isn't enough).

However, once a location is in play, you can keep using it even if you no longer meet the requirements (mostly this comes into play with cards that allow you to steal or contest locations). So, for example, if a Lasombra player used a Political Seizure to contest (and eventually take control of) an Uptown Hunting Ground from a Ventrue player, they could then keep using that hunting ground even though they have no Ventrue vampires.

Is my understanding of this correct?
Last edit: 22 May 2012 22:57 by Nagorak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2012 23:06 - 22 May 2012 23:07 #31006 by Adonai

Is my understanding of this correct?

Almost.

Playing the master card requires a 'ready' vampire that meets the requirements, so if your only Venture is in torpor you can't play Ventrue Headquarters until the vampire leaves torpor or you influence another one.

If a card wants to be more restrictive, it will indicate this via card text, like Jungle Hunting Ground , which only gives it blood to Laibon.
Last edit: 22 May 2012 23:07 by Adonai.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nagorak

More
22 May 2012 23:12 - 22 May 2012 23:13 #31007 by Nagorak
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize they had to be ready. That's good to know.
Last edit: 22 May 2012 23:13 by Nagorak.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds