file Additional strikes?

23 Nov 2012 19:05 - 23 Nov 2012 19:07 #41543 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Additional strikes?

Weird. And Appolonius could also play his Blur after all of Jimmy's additional strikes had resolved.

I agree that it's weird, and I agree that I didn't know that.

Dance Wind is impacted by that : the additional effect from the superior is most of the time useless against an opponent who know this rule, since if he wait the resolution of the second dodge to play his additional strike none of thoses will be dodged.

I can't think of another card that is significantly affected by that, and in regular cases people have a real interest in striking as soon as possible, so it don't seem too problematic.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2012 19:07 by Ohlmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2012 19:16 - 23 Nov 2012 20:15 #41544 by Boris The Blade
Can you please stop using Appolonius in your examples? Someone might read it wrong and believe he is playable :(
Last edit: 23 Nov 2012 20:15 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
23 Nov 2012 20:51 #41548 by Pascal Bertrand
Oh, also, forgot to mention it because it sounded obvious to me, but:
If you have an additional strike, you must use it in the next strike declaration phase.

More
23 Nov 2012 21:37 #41553 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Additional strikes?

Can you please stop using Appolonius in your examples? Someone might read it wrong and believe he is playable :(

I don't even know what you're talking about. I used to have an Appolonius superstar deck that outright won at least three games in my local playgroup here in Los Angeles. It never got far in the tournaments I played it in, but it was a very solid casual deck.

It's called Bruise and Bleed, man.

More
24 Nov 2012 07:06 - 24 Nov 2012 07:08 #41566 by jtroyve
Replied by jtroyve on topic Re: Additional strikes?
just to make it clear?

this is legal?

CEL Weenie: Punch
THA Weenie: Wind Dance
CEL Weenie: None
THA Weenie: Keeps on Dancing
CEL Weenie: *Plays Blur, Blur1: punch
THA Weenie: None
CEL Weenie: Blur2: punch
THA Weenie: None

meaning i can play the additional strike after ANY strike resolution? nice
Last edit: 24 Nov 2012 07:08 by jtroyve.

More
24 Nov 2012 07:15 #41567 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Additional strikes?
Pascal, are you sure of that? That sounds like rather weird ruling, and indeed as pointed out, makes superior Wind Dance largely useless since the opposing minion can just wait until after your additional strike dodge before playing his additional strikes. It also seems to be against what is written in the rulebook. The relevant part in caps.

6.4.3 section of rulebook under 'Additional Strikes:' Some cards and effects allow a minion to make additionoal strikes during the current round of combat. Additional strikes are announced (gained) and performed (used) only after the FIRST PAIR OF STRIKES are completed.

More
24 Nov 2012 07:43 #41577 by Boris The Blade
OTOH, when you can play several additional cards, it feels like each card should be played just before using the strike, not at the end of the first. Strike1, Pursuit, Strike2, Quickness, Strike3 rather than Strike1, Quickness-Pursuit, Strike2, Strike3.

Maybe additional strike cards are playable only after resolution of one of YOUR strikes, so you cannot skip a strike. But that would make Lapse cancel the additional strikes too...

More
24 Nov 2012 07:44 #41579 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Additional strikes?
It would be more logical that all additional strikes need to be declared at the same time, after the initial strikes are resolved.

More
24 Nov 2012 08:03 #41581 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Additional strikes?
I'm surprised by this ruling as well. Also, it seems to go a bit against the strict reading of the rules:

Additional strikes are announced (gained) and performed (used) only after the first pair of strikes are completed.

I've always interpreted this so that additional strikes can only be gained after the inital strikes have been resolved. Emphasis on announced, only and first.

If this is an official ruling it should be written down somewhere. :) It seems new to plenty of people, is all I'm saying.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
24 Nov 2012 08:32 #41582 by Pascal Bertrand
I'm trying to find the LSJ reference ruling.
I think the logic was : "If the opponent plays Blur, and you only have prevention cards in your hand, but cycling them gives you access to additional strikes, you should be able to gain these additional strikes".
If it's unfoundable, I'll make it a clear ruling (or update the rulebook).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds