file Additional strikes?

23 Nov 2012 09:39 #41492 by Pascal Bertrand

So can Jimmy, after initially declining to play additional strikes, still play an additional strike when Alcoan declared his additional stikes? (which would be similar to maneuvering/pressing)

Standard priority rules: if the reacting minion plays something, priority goes back to the acting and the window does not close, so Jimmy can play his Pursuit now.

Correct. Acting Jimmy can still declare gaining an additional strike after Alcoan gains an additional strike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2012 12:04 #41505 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Additional strikes?

From rulebook:
Additional Strikes: Some cards and effects allow a minion to make additional strikes during the current round of combat. Additional strikes are announced (gained) and performed (used) only after the first pair of strikes are completed

You can play cards to gain additional strikes
- after any strike resolution

I find the rulebook a bit misleading. It should state "after any pair of strikes are completed" instead of "after the first pair of strikes are completed"

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis, mirddes

More
23 Nov 2012 17:03 #41532 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Additional strikes?

What's interesting to notice: pairs of strikes have to be resolved simultaneously, but the additional strikes for these pairs can be gained separately. For instance, if Appolonius is in combat with Jimmy Dunn, and Jimmy plays sup' Blur (gaining 2 add), Appolonius can play some prevention card on the first additional stike, and then play a Blur, to dodge Jimmy's second strike.

That's new to me.

In this case, if Appolonius used Blur to gain additional strikes, his second additional strike would occur after Jimmy's second additional strike.

Jimmy/Appolonius
Jimmy (1st Blur)
Jimmy (2nd Blur)/Appolonius (1st Blur)
Appolonius (2nd Blur)

Weird. And Appolonius could also play his Blur after all of Jimmy's additional strikes had resolved.

More
23 Nov 2012 18:45 #41541 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Additional strikes?

That's new to me.

Me too (which isn't really that surprising...).
I'm glad glad we asked.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Nov 2012 19:05 - 23 Nov 2012 19:07 #41543 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Additional strikes?

Weird. And Appolonius could also play his Blur after all of Jimmy's additional strikes had resolved.

I agree that it's weird, and I agree that I didn't know that.

Dance Wind is impacted by that : the additional effect from the superior is most of the time useless against an opponent who know this rule, since if he wait the resolution of the second dodge to play his additional strike none of thoses will be dodged.

I can't think of another card that is significantly affected by that, and in regular cases people have a real interest in striking as soon as possible, so it don't seem too problematic.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2012 19:07 by Ohlmann.

More
23 Nov 2012 19:16 - 23 Nov 2012 20:15 #41544 by Boris The Blade
Can you please stop using Appolonius in your examples? Someone might read it wrong and believe he is playable :(
Last edit: 23 Nov 2012 20:15 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds