file PB Clarification - Shadow Court Satyr

29 Nov 2012 00:43 #41978 by Juggernaut1981
An asteroid is disturbed from its orbit by Mars and ends up crashing into my opponent leaving me unharmed. Seems about equal realistically.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2012 03:05 #41981 by Boris The Blade
If you want an ally with Taste, why bother with a Satyr? Just play Ossian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rezwits

More
29 Nov 2012 03:57 #41983 by TorranceCircle

An asteroid is disturbed from its orbit by Mars and ends up crashing into my opponent leaving me unharmed. Seems about equal realistically.

Enkil cog+far mastery may not be as "realistic" because Enkil Cog is not owned by many players. But Toreadors with Toreador grand ball + entrancement is quite common.

More
29 Nov 2012 09:47 #42003 by Ohlmann
Now, another question.

If Taste of vitae can be played by a Shadow Court Satyr, can Amaranth be ?

The condition to diablerize is to be a ready vampire that is not blood cursed. I don't know whether the "can play as a vampire" clause of the satyr extent to rule-based restriction or if it's strictly limited to card-based restriction.

The fact that the satyr text allow him to pay blood cost with life seem to imply he can diablerize too, but the idea that he cannot diablerize because out of combat he is not considered a ready vampire may stand too.

More
29 Nov 2012 10:00 #42004 by Ankha

If Taste of vitae can be played by a Shadow Court Satyr, can Amaranth be ?

No.

Name: Amaranth
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:U, Anarchs:PAG, BH:PTo2, Third:PTz, KoT:U]
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable by a vampire who can commit diablerie. Only usable when the opposing vampire should go to torpor. Diablerize the opposing vampire instead. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going to torpor.

Even if the SCS can play the card and is considered a vampire while playing it, he's not a vampire who can commit diablerie because allies can't diablerize (and the card doesn't allow him to bypass this restriction).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
29 Nov 2012 11:51 #42013 by Pascal Bertrand

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds