file Satyr and "for the duration combat" cards

04 Dec 2012 20:24 - 04 Dec 2012 20:34 #42360 by Malachy
Heys!

Shadow Court Satyr has Flesh of Marble on him. How does he react with it? The same as vamps, or other scenarios occur due to his text?

And what about another type of cards which should be put in play? I think of Vitae Block... technically the Satyr does not "play" the card, only use its effect, so it might be interesting to determine what happens to the blood "on" a Vitae Block effect. I'd assume it's lost forever, since an effect cannot be burned, as the cardtext say. Or I'm wrong and these kind of cards burn from the Satyr as used?

Shadow Court Satyr (Changeling)
[Sabbat:R, SW:R, Third:R]
Cardtype: Ally
Clan: Gangrel antitribu
Cost: 3 pool
Changeling with 3 life. 1 strength, 1 bleed.
When the Satyr enters play, you may put a combat card from your hand on him. Once each combat, the Satyr may use the ability of that card as if played from your hand. If the card requires a vampire (e.g., costs blood or requires a Discipline), he may use it as a vampire with the basic level of the Discipline (if any).

Flesh of Marble
[Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, Anarchs:C/PG, KMW:PG3, KoT:U]
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Protean
Only usable before range is chosen.
[pro] For the duration of the combat, when this vampire suffers a point of damage (that he or she does not prevent) in a given round, any additional damage inflicted on this vampire in the same round is automatically prevented. Aggravated damage cannot be prevented in this way.
[PRO] As above, but aggravated damage is prevented in this way as well.

Vitae Block
[BL:U2, LoB:R]
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Obeah/Animalism
Play before range is determined. Only usable if the opposing minion is a vampire. A vampire can play only one Vitae Block each combat.
[ani] This vampire gets an optional press this round.
[obe] Put this card in play and move up to 2 blood from the opposing vampire to this card. During your untap phase, return the blood counters to that vampire and burn this card.
[OBE] As [obe] above, but move up to 3 blood to this card.

NC of Hungary

///
Last edit: 04 Dec 2012 20:34 by Malachy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2012 20:39 - 04 Dec 2012 20:40 #42361 by Reyda
the card Vitae block is played "as from your hand", so it is burned when card text says you have to burn it.B-)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 04 Dec 2012 20:40 by Reyda.

More
04 Dec 2012 20:47 #42363 by Ohlmann
(and it don't return to your satyr afterwar)

More
04 Dec 2012 20:59 #42366 by Malachy
Are you sure he plays it not just uses its ability AS it is played from hand? I can sense a difference but it could be the same :D I'm just suggesting, cuz I haven't seen it clarified before. According to your statement, it can be DI'd or Asguresh'd as well? :D

NC of Hungary

///

More
04 Dec 2012 22:35 - 04 Dec 2012 22:35 #42370 by Reyda
If you read Vitae block closely, it says "put this card in play"... So... you move the card in the ready region aaaand... it's gone.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 04 Dec 2012 22:35 by Reyda.

More
06 Dec 2012 00:35 #42423 by Haze
there's a similar ruling with Weighted Walking Stick, the Satyr loses the "ability" once it has been put into play.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds