file Aching Beauty and Psychomachia

27 Dec 2012 06:42 #43315 by the1andonlime
a) Will Aching Beauty trigger on a successful block before I play Psychomachia?
b) If yes, is it compulsory to trigger Aching Beauty before playing Psychomachia, or can I play Psychomachia to somehow prevent the Methuselah from losing pool?
c) If it does not trigger before playing Psychomachia, will it still trigger after playing Psychomachia?

Aching Beauty
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:U, KoT:U]
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Toreador
Cost: 2 pool
Master.
Put this card on a Toreador. If this Toreador is blocked, the controller of the blocking minion burns 1 pool (before combat occurs, if any).

Psychomachia
[BL:C2, KMW:PB3]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Daimoinon/Presence
Only usable when an ally or younger vampire successfully blocks before tapping the blocker.
:pre: Cancel the current action and untap this acting vampire. The blocking minion is not tapped.
:dai: The block fails, and the action continues. The blocking minion cannot attempt to block this action again.
:DAI: As :dai: above, and the blocking minion takes 1 damage (damage not preventable).

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2012 07:37 #43316 by Ankha

With the current cardtext, yes.

b) If yes, is it compulsory to trigger Aching Beauty before playing Psychomachia, or can I play Psychomachia to somehow prevent the Methuselah from losing pool?

Compulsory.

c) If it does not trigger before playing Psychomachia, will it still trigger after playing Psychomachia?

TBC by Floppy, but passive effects (here: Aching Beauty) kick in first.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
27 Dec 2012 13:50 - 27 Dec 2012 13:50 #43325 by Pascal Bertrand

Yes.

These two are under review for RTR.
Currently: b - use sequencing to determine which of Psychomachia or Aching Beauty kicks in first; and c - yes.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2012 13:50 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds