file Reaction Cards

28 Dec 2012 19:58 - 28 Dec 2012 20:11 #43402 by Trigger
Reaction Cards was created by Trigger
Okay, this may be dumb but can ANYONE play a reaction card that does not state the Reaction Card to have to be the acting blocker? Like Wake with Evening`s Freshness?

Do not replace until your next untap phase. Only usable by a tapped vampire. This reacting vampire can play reaction cards and attempt to block as though untapped until the current action is concluded.

Pretty much playing the card when you are not the acting Prey so on your untap phase you can draw a card? Cycling pretty much.

Lets say we're in a 5 player game and I am not the Predator or Prey at the moment. When I have a Reaction card that says a tapped minion can try to block an action, can the tapped minion not be under the reacting Methuselah if it were a direct action like a bleed action on other Methuselahs? Pretty much I run in and block FOR my predator or other Methuselah for some reason?

:tore: :AUS: :CEL: :PRE: :political:
Last edit: 28 Dec 2012 20:11 by Trigger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2012 20:29 - 28 Dec 2012 20:31 #43404 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Reaction Cards

Okay, this may be dumb but can ANYONE play a reaction card that does not state the Reaction Card to have to be the acting blocker? Like Wake with Evening`s Freshness?

See also FAQ section 3.31:
www.thelasombra.com/vtes_faq.htm#c3s31

If it doesn't require a block attempt, yes, you can play it to cycle without attempting to block.

Wake with Evening's Freshness / Forced Awakening / On the Qui Vive allow a block attempt but do not require one.

Second Tradition / Eternal Vigilance / Speak with Spirits / Special Report / The Mole / Black Sunrise / Eluding the Arms of Morpheus / Sense the Savage Way all require a block attempt so the minion must be an eligible blocker before playing them and must attempt to block immediately upon playing them.

Pretty much playing the card when you are not the acting Prey so on your untap phase you can draw a card? Cycling pretty much.

If it doesn't require a block attempt, yes, you can play it to cycle without attempting to block.

Lets say we're in a 5 player game and I am not the Predator or Prey at the moment. When I have a Reaction card that says a tapped minion can try to block an action, can the tapped minion not be under the reacting Methuselah if it were a direct action like a bleed action on other Methuselahs?

No.
First you must be eligible to block before playing a card that requires a block attempt. You need to play a Wake/Forced/On the Qui Vive and then an Eagle's Sight or Falcon's Eye to block an action directed at someone else when your minion is tapped.

Pretty much I run in and block FOR my predator or other Methuselah for some reason?

Requires Anneke , Eagle's Sight , or Falcon's Eye .
Last edit: 28 Dec 2012 20:31 by Adonai.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trigger

More
29 Dec 2012 10:12 #43425 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Reaction Cards
Correct answer from Adonai.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds