file A question about titles

18 Feb 2013 17:08 #45354 by Eius P
Lucita (advanced) is doing rather well having recently become regent of the sabbat.

However to improve her abilities I wish to merge her with her base copy... which means she gains the title of Archbishop of Aragon.

Can I choose to ignore becoming Archbishop or does she have to down-grade her title? Does the Regent card burn if that happens?

Rulebook: "No matter what sect, a vampire cannot have more than one title. If a vampire with a title gains another, he loses the first title, even if the new title would be a demotion."

I read it that she can't ignore it, would downgrade. Then it doesn't mention it but I'd assume the Regent card burns?

Lucita Advanced
Clan: Lasombra (group 2)
Capacity: 8
Disciplines: DOM FOR OBT cel pot
Advanced, Sabbat: Once each action Lucita performs, she may burn 2 blood to cancel a reaction card played by a vampire with capacity less than 6 as it is played (no cost is paid).
[MERGED] Archbishop of Aragon.

Regent
Type: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master. Title.
Put this card on a Sabbat vampire you control with a capacity above 7 to represent the unique Sabbat title of regent. Any Sabbat vampire with a different controller can enter combat with this vampire as a (D) action. If a Sabbat vampire diablerizes this vampire, move this card to the diablerist (before the blood hunt is called).

Lucita
Independent: Sabbat vampires younger than Lucita get -1 intercept when attempting to block Lucita.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2013 18:33 #45355 by Pascal Bertrand

Lucita (advanced) is doing rather well having recently become regent of the sabbat.

However to improve her abilities I wish to merge her with her base copy... which means she gains the title of Archbishop of Aragon.

Can I choose to ignore becoming Archbishop or does she have to down-grade her title? Does the Regent card burn if that happens?

There is no choice. The first titled is lost and the new titled is gained.

Rulebook: "No matter what sect, a vampire cannot have more than one title. If a vampire with a title gains another, he loses the first title, even if the new title would be a demotion."

I read it that she can't ignore it, would downgrade. Then it doesn't mention it but I'd assume the Regent card burns?

Correct. That's something that appeared with "Title." cards (Praxis, etc) to replace existing rulings.
vekn.net/index.php/card-lists/132-legacies-of-blood :
Title: A Title card is a placeholder for a title. If the title is yielded or lost, the card is burned. If the title is unique, contests are paid with vampire blood, as normal for titles. (Simplifying the handling of Praxis Seizures and similar cards.)

Lucita Advanced
Advanced, Sabbat: Once each action Lucita performs, she may burn 2 blood to cancel a reaction card played by a vampire with capacity less than 6 as it is played (no cost is paid).
[MERGED] Archbishop of Aragon.

Regent
Type: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master. Title.
Put this card on a Sabbat vampire you control with a capacity above 7 to represent the unique Sabbat title of regent. Any Sabbat vampire with a different controller can enter combat with this vampire as a (D) action. If a Sabbat vampire diablerizes this vampire, move this card to the diablerist (before the blood hunt is called).

Lucita
Independent: Sabbat vampires younger than Lucita get -1 intercept when attempting to block Lucita.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eius P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds