file Caseless Rounds & Sawed-Off Shotgun

02 Apr 2013 16:08 #46481 by Zimji
Caseless Rounds
[Gehenna:C, KoT:U]
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 pool
Ammo.
Only usable before resolution of a gun's strike. For the remainder of combat, once each round when the bearer strikes with this gun, the bearer gets an optional additional strike, only usable to strike with this gun. No more than one ammo card can be used on a gun each combat.

Name: Sawed-Off Shotgun
[Jyhad:C, VTES:C, SW:PB, CE:PB, Third:PM2]
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 2 pool
Weapon, gun.
3R damage each strike, only usable once each combat.

My question is this. Is it possible to use the Caseless Rounds with the Sawed-Off Shotgun? During the combat phase we both used the shotgun to strike at each other for 3R. Before the resolution I played the Caseless rounds to get an additional strike. Is it possible to do this? Or did I completely screw him? Thanks for the help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruiza97

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2013 16:29 - 02 Apr 2013 16:30 #46483 by kombainas
You would get an additional strike once, but cannot use it, because, so to say, your weapon is "jammed". Furthermore, since you can gain additional strikes only from one source (unless the source states otherwise), you would not be able to play additional strike as well (that one time you actually shoot the sawed-off).

But you can play the card itself just to cycle ;)

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2013 16:30 by kombainas.

More
02 Apr 2013 23:17 #46499 by TorranceCircle
you can play the ammo card but the additional from the ammo card can't be used because of the shotgun's text.

I believe, since it is optional, you can choose to not take that as your one source of additional strikes. This means you could gain additionals from another source and strike with something else.

More
03 Apr 2013 02:55 #46502 by kombainas
IMHO, the additional strike is mandatory if you strike with the gun (and you do just after you play this ammo). It is worded "gets". Just like you can't play multiple additional strike cards just to cycle, because you "get" additional strikes which are against the rules, same should apply here.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
03 Apr 2013 08:13 - 03 Apr 2013 08:13 #46517 by Pascal Bertrand

Caseless Rounds
[Gehenna:C, KoT:U]
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 pool
Ammo.
Only usable before resolution of a gun's strike. For the remainder of combat, once each round when the bearer strikes with this gun, the bearer gets an optional additional strike, only usable to strike with this gun. No more than one ammo card can be used on a gun each combat.

Name: Sawed-Off Shotgun
[Jyhad:C, VTES:C, SW:PB, CE:PB, Third:PM2]
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 2 pool
Weapon, gun.
3R damage each strike, only usable once each combat.

My question is this. Is it possible to use the Caseless Rounds with the Sawed-Off Shotgun?

Yes. [LSJ 20040623]

During the combat phase we both used the shotgun to strike at each other for 3R. Before the resolution I played the Caseless rounds to get an additional strike. Is it possible to do this?

Yes. [LSJ 20040623]

Or did I completely screw him? Thanks for the help.

That depends what you did with that optional additional strike. If you did anything else than nothing (for instance, handstrike or Shotgun strike), that was illegal. If you used a Spike-Thrower, you probably nailed him.

Using the optional additional strike is not mandatory. [LSJ 20081017]
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 08:13 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
03 Apr 2013 08:15 #46518 by Shockwave
If he used a Spike-Thrower, that was illegal too, because of the cardtext on Caseless Rounds.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds