file Path of Typhon vs Typhonic Beast

08 Apr 2013 05:27 #46720 by galliard
Hi. My question is more general. There are cards that reduce cost of particular discipline cards. On the other side there are multidiscipline cards. So my question is:

Do i still reduce card cost of Typhonic Beast when Path of Typhon is in play?
This one is tricky and really can be interpreted both ways.

I was wondering can i give Auspex to Gabrin and play Nightmare Curse for free..(with Path of Paradox ofc)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2013 06:01 #46723 by Ohlmann
It's not tricky. A Typhonic beast require Serpentis, so its cost is lowered by one by the path of Typhon.

Same thing for Nightmare curse with Path of Paradox.

More
08 Apr 2013 06:18 #46728 by Pascal Bertrand

Hi. My question is more general. There are cards that reduce cost of particular discipline cards. On the other side there are multidiscipline cards. So my question is:

Do i still reduce card cost of Typhonic Beast when Path of Typhon is in play?

Yes.
Similarly, Lydia, Grand Praeto cannot play Forced March or Quicken Sight, even with a Celerity discipline card (as both these cards require Celerity).

Name: Lydia, Grand Praetor
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: True Brujah
Group: 6
Capacity: 9
Discipline: dom pre AUS FOR POT TEM
Independent: Lydia has 1 vote (titled). Once each action, she can burn 1 blood for +1 stealth. She cannot play cards that require Celerity [cel]. Scarce.

More
08 Apr 2013 15:49 - 08 Apr 2013 15:49 #46760 by Jeff Kuta
Suppose you had Wamukota (Laibon Ravnos with aus CHI) with 3 Orun and also had the Path of Paradox in play (reduce cost of Chimerstry cards by 1 blood). Wamukota could play Shared Nightmare at aus & chi (normally costs 2 blood), followed by High Orun (reduce cost of discipline cards by 1 for the action), effectively for free!

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 08 Apr 2013 15:49 by Jeff Kuta.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds