file Return to Innocence

14 Apr 2013 01:33 #46916 by Tdog
Return to Innocence was created by Tdog
I have had this card for a long time, but when I first tried to use it, I discovered it was banned. Some time later, the card began to appear with errata text (secretlibrary). Is this new errata verion legal to play with? If not, why the errata? Was it reprinted, as a promo or something?

Return to Innocence, The
(cost: 4 blood)

Action

(D) Bleed. If you successfully bleed your prey for one or more, put this card on the acting vampire. Burn this card if this vampire loses any blood or goes to torpor, or if your prey is ousted. During your next untap, this vampire is removed from the game and your prey burns X pool, where X is the capacity of this vampire.

Just curious. :side:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2013 03:15 #46918 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Re: Return to Innocence
Its original version was too STRONG, if you ever had the misfortune to taste the unerrata versions of mind rape and return then you will know what im talking about.:unsure:
Anyways, they made an errata thinking it would make the card less powerful. It did but was still too strong. Imagine it with malkavian madness network shenanigans and its scary.
So to make it short, Ban was instituted on Return.

More
14 Apr 2013 03:34 #46922 by Tdog
Replied by Tdog on topic Re: Return to Innocence
I guess I just wondered why bother to put errata. I got my Returns like 8 years ago and used them evilly on a few unsuspecting victims with a turbo Inner Circle mega bleeder, before I discovered the banned list. We started with a small play group and we all learned together. Then the errata... It suggests that it has been nerfed enough to be playable, similar to how mind rape has been nerfed from its original version, then reprinted and now legal to use.

That leads me to another little tangent that I need some education on. What is the set with the red "anarchs" icon? Anarch and a few other cards keep poppin up with this icon. Whats in it? Is it just promo reprints or what?

More
14 Apr 2013 07:12 #46925 by jamesatzephyr

I guess I just wondered why bother to put errata.

Errata was attempted to keep the card in the game. It didn't work sufficiently well - the card was still too powerful, and no sensible halfway-house could be found. As a result, the card was banned in tournaments, but the errata remains if you're not following tournament rules. (In practice, almost everyone follows tournament rules on deck construction, even when not in tournaments.)

That leads me to another little tangent that I need some education on. What is the set with the red "anarchs" icon? Anarch and a few other cards keep poppin up with this icon. Whats in it? Is it just promo reprints or what?

Twilight Rebellion has a red star with the tri-snakes on it, if that's what you mean? It's a 60 card expansion which has a fair amount of Anarch-related tech in it. Cards such as Steely Tenacity, Revolutionary Council, and Power of One tend to attract attention.

More
14 Apr 2013 07:22 #46926 by Eius P
Replied by Eius P on topic Re: Return to Innocence
Red anarchs icon? You might be referring to the 'Anarchs and Alastors' storyline-kit-cards. All were reprints of cards in existing sets I believe.

More
15 Apr 2013 05:08 #46969 by Tdog
Replied by Tdog on topic Re: Return to Innocence
That sounds right...
I have an Anarch Railroad with an icon that looks like the icon from the Anarchs set, but it is red.

Its not from Twighlight Rebellion, which I bought a box of when it was released.

Nor is it from Heirs, which also has a red icon. Nor is it from vtes.net make your own cards. So is it may be from the Anarchs and Alastors?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds