file Alastor clarification

14 Apr 2013 16:30 #46956 by Pascal Bertrand

I was looking at a topic on another question and I saw this at the end:

"Can I fetch "Ankara Citadel" with the "Alastor" vote, and put it on a ready Camarilla vampire?"

And the answer was "Yes".
I never thought about this before and I guess I haven't seen it in a game, but a question comes to mind from this.

Can specific requirements for an equipment be ignored with Alastor?

They are ignored, as the equipment isn't "played" (or "equipped" - when such words are used, requirements must be met), but merely "placed on".

Can I use Jaroslav Pascek to get Ankara Citadel with Alastor?

Sure. Or you could also give him a Femur of Toomler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2013 16:31 #46957 by Pascal Bertrand

Wow, i cant believe i never noticed this before.
Just to clarify the wording of alastor, Im the one calling the referendum, with lets say maryanne. I go through MY library for the equipment, even if im puttin it on, lets say, my grand preys vampire, right?

Yes.

More
14 Apr 2013 16:44 - 14 Apr 2013 16:45 #46961 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Re: Alastor clarification

Just to clarify the wording of alastor, Im the one calling the referendum, with lets say maryanne. I go through MY library for the equipment, even if im puttin it on, lets say, my grand preys vampire, right?

Yes.

IF it is a Camarilla vampire ... ;)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
Last edit: 14 Apr 2013 16:45 by Hakuron.

More
14 Apr 2013 16:56 #46962 by Pascal Bertrand

Yes.

IF it is a Camarilla vampire ... ;)

If it is a ready Camarilla vampire who doesn't already have an Alastor.

More
14 Apr 2013 18:32 #46964 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Re: Alastor clarification
Hmm...
Play Fame on your pray's weenie cam vampire. Call Alastor vote on the unlucky sod and give him Eye of Hazimel.
Your pray now has to pay 1 during each of his untap phases, or burn the Eye and trigger fame. If your prey does not have cam vampire call the vote on your own vampire and get the Eye and start rushing people.

Eye of Hazimel

:equipment:

[3 Pool]

Unique equipment.
The minion with this equipment gets +1 bleed and +1 strength. This minion may enter combat with any minion controlled by another Methuselah as a (D) action. If this minion is a vampire, he or she has superior Potence [POT] and superior Chimerstry [CHI] , and combat cards cost this vampire 1 less blood. While the bearer is ready, this equipment cannot be transferred, moved or stolen. If this equipment is burned, this minion takes 5 unpreventable damage. During your untap phase, burn 1 pool or burn this equipment.

More
14 Apr 2013 20:22 #46965 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Alastor clarification
I suppose you can, but I am no rule lawyer.

The real question being, in which situation do you want to do so ? If he has still quite a lot of pool, you risk him rushing you back or benefiting from the +1 bleed to kill its prey. If he have less than four pool, you could do this to have the same effect as an anarch revolt, but it seem extremely convoluted.

I suppose it's like cross-table ousting someone with Parity shift and giving the pool to your prey : yes, sometime it's useful to remember you can do that, but it's very narrow.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds