file Sword of Nuln + Taste of Vitae

15 Apr 2013 13:45 #46989 by Tdog
Does a taste of vitae yeild the doubled amount if I use sword of Nuln to strike?

Sword of Nuln:
Equipment
(Tremere)
Unique melee weapon.
Strike: strength damage. Vampires must spend twice the normal amount of blood to heal the damage from this weapon's strikes.

Taste of Vitae:
Combat
Only usable at the end of a round of combat. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going to torpor.
This vampire gains an amount of blood equal to the amount lost by the opposing vampire to damage during this round. A vampire may play only one Taste of Vitae each round.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2013 14:11 #46990 by Ankha
Yes.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
15 Apr 2013 14:26 #46991 by Pascal Bertrand
The answer was already here (but I do agree that's quite uneasy to find :) )

More
16 Apr 2013 09:08 #47015 by KevinM

I do not believe this should be the case, because 6.4.6 makes it quite clear there is a difference between "damage inflicted" and "blood spent to heal the damage".

Taste of Vitae says This vampire gains an amount of blood equal to the amount lost by the opposing vampire to damage.... It doesn't say "This vampire gains an amount of blood equal to the amount lost by the opposing vampire to HEALING..."

Sword of Nuln says Strike: strength damage. Vampires must spend twice the normal amount of blood to heal the damage from this weapon's strikes. It doesn't say "Strike: strength damage. THIS WEAPON DOES twice the normal amount of damage...".

Therefore, I believe this ruling to be in error, and we should reverse it. Or change the rulebook.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
16 Apr 2013 09:42 #47016 by Pascal Bertrand
Taste of Vitae doesn't check the amount of damage inflicted, but the blood lost (spent healing or preventing destruction) due to that inflicted damage.

More
16 Apr 2013 10:06 #47017 by jamesatzephyr

Could we[0] put any of those sort of expansion-specific FAQs/clarifications that were released with the set onto the ordinary General Rulings/Card Rulings page? (As well as, not instead of.)

e.g. that page you just linked, vekn.net/index.php/card-lists/140-keepers-of-tradition , possibly the errata from vekn.net/index.php/card-lists/133-nights-of-reckoning

[0] That's "we" meaning "you".

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds