question-circle Dual Discipline Cards : ei True Love's Face (newbie)

19 Apr 2013 20:43 #47264 by Tallens
Hi Community

I was trying to look for an explanation as to, dual disciplines, a friend and I was discussing this to quite some heat.

we are both "new" to VTES in the sense we have just begun playing again after 10 years off.

So we are puzzled as to "who can use the card"

Name: True Love's Face
[KMW:C, LotN:PS4]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Obfuscate & Presence
[obf]

+1 bleed. You cannot play another action modifier to increase this bleed amount.
[OBF]
 Only usable when a minion attempts to block. That block fails (do not tap that minion). That minion cannot attempt to block this action again. That minion's controller may burn a pool to cancel this card as it is played.

Our Quetion is. does the Minion Using the card need to have Superior in BOTH OBF and PRE to use the second ability, or can this be done by having OBF or PRE.

/T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2013 20:46 - 19 Apr 2013 20:47 #47265 by extrala
Both levels require both disciplines each. :obf: and :pre: for the first effect, and :OBF: and :PRE: for the second effect.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2013 20:47 by extrala.

More
19 Apr 2013 20:47 #47266 by Amenophobis

Hi Community

I was trying to look for an explanation as to, dual disciplines, a friend and I was discussing this to quite some heat.

we are both "new" to VTES in the sense we have just begun playing again after 10 years off.

So we are puzzled as to "who can use the card"

Name: True Love's Face
[KMW:C, LotN:PS4]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Obfuscate & Presence
[obf]

+1 bleed. You cannot play another action modifier to increase this bleed amount.
[OBF]
 Only usable when a minion attempts to block. That block fails (do not tap that minion). That minion cannot attempt to block this action again. That minion's controller may burn a pool to cancel this card as it is played.

Our Quetion is. does the Minion Using the card need to have Superior in BOTH OBF and PRE to use the second ability, or can this be done by having OBF or PRE.

/T

The minion would have to have both disciplines to use the superior version.

More
19 Apr 2013 22:16 #47267 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answers from extrala and Amenophobis.

More
20 Apr 2013 01:10 #47270 by ReverendRevolver
The absolute only card i can name off the top of my head that requirez two disciplines but only needs one at superior to gain the superior effect is elemental stoicism.
Everything else can be played only at basic if the minion lacks both at superior. If count germaine (has big PRE basic obf) or evan klein (big OBF small pre) play true loves face, they only have access to the inferior version(the bleed pump) unless some effect gives them superior of both.

More
21 Apr 2013 19:46 #47330 by Tallens
Thanks for the reply, I guess my friend owes me beer now. :D

//Tallens'out

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds