file Shatter the Gate and edge burning

20 Apr 2013 14:55 #47291 by Jannu
If I has edge and want tu burn one Shatter the Gate is the edge burned to attempt the action or is it burned only if the action is succesfull?

Shatter the Gate
+1 stealth action. Requires an infernal Baali with capacity 9 or more.
Put this card on this Baali. A vampire with capacity 6 or more may burn the Edge to burn this card as a (D) action. If this Baali has three Shatter the Gates, burn them all to give each other Methuselah a shattered counter. A Methuselah with any shattered counters burns 3 pool during his or her untap phase.

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2013 15:00 #47292 by delangen
I'm only guessing but I think it means burn the edge to attempt to burn this card as a an action

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

More
20 Apr 2013 15:25 #47294 by Boris The Blade
"Burn the edge to..." means that burning the edge is part of the cost of the action. The cost of an action is only paid if the action is successful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jannu

More
20 Apr 2013 15:30 #47295 by kombainas

Rulebook 6.2 Taking an Action
If no more attempts are made, then the action is successful, and the cost of the action is paid.

Burning the edge is the cost of the action as it is worded now. By the way, action fizzles if you cannot pay the cost (e.g. somehow lose the edge while attempting to burn Shatter The Gate).

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
20 Apr 2013 16:58 #47298 by Jannu
Just being interested, is there any possible way of losing the edge during the action (burning Shatter the Gate or Hrothulf's innate rush ability)? I know there are actions to gain edge and but I don't know of any reactions which would change control of edge during action. (or at least I haven't seen one)

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna

More
20 Apr 2013 17:58 #47299 by delangen
definatley not worded that it is the cost af the action but the burning of the edge lets you take that action

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds