file Disarm

21 Apr 2013 02:49 #47308 by delangen
Disarm was created by delangen
disarm says the vampire can burn this card by burning 3blood...when can he do this....as it is played or fter the ffects are done... does this stop the card's effect of sending himto torpor

thank you kindly

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2013 03:48 #47309 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Disarm

disarm says the vampire can burn this card by burning 3blood...when can he do this....as it is played or fter the ffects are done... does this stop the card's effect of sending himto torpor

thank you kindly

No. They hit the dirt when they get thr card, per its text.

They can burn it whenever tbey have 3 blood and want to grow a new arm, but when they cards requirements are met and it is played, they vamp gets the disarm AND goes to torpor, thusly getting some varying degre of negative strength.

I believe undead persistance would allow you to avoid the torping, at whick point if you want to burn 3 blood to keep going without punch penalty you could.

More
21 Apr 2013 06:12 #47312 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Disarm

I believe undead persistance would allow you to avoid the torping, at whick point if you want to burn 3 blood to keep going without punch penalty you could.

Note however that if you don't have an existing press to continue and play Undead Persistence after being Disarmed, the combat ends and your vampire goes to torpor as Disarm is played after the press step.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
21 Apr 2013 11:10 #47320 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Disarm

Note however that if you don't have an existing press to continue and play Undead Persistence after being Disarmed, the combat ends and your vampire goes to torpor as Disarm is played after the press step.

Ah, true. If i run undead persistance or the other card with similar effect(undying tenacity?) I normally have trap going as well. I forgot about disarms timing.
At any rate, its only relevant every once in awhile, since its typically weenies being disarmed in undead persistancedecks, and if you did enough damage to disarm, they wont have the blood to burn if they were even a 3 cap or bigger to begin with.

More
24 Apr 2013 09:35 #47531 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Disarm
Name: Disarm
[Sabbat:R, SW:R, CE:PB, BH:PN, KMW:PAl, Third:R]
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Potence
[pot] Only usable at close range at the end of a round of combat in which this vampire successfully inflicted more damage than the opposing vampire. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going into torpor. Put this card on the opposing vampire and send that vampire into torpor. The vampire with this card has -1 strength. He or she may burn this card by burning 3 blood. A vampire can have only one Disarm.
[POT] As above, but the vampire with this card has -2 strength.

Burning the blood can be done at anytime the vampire has the card on him or her (so, after being sent to torpor). It won't stop the "send that vampire to torpor" part from happening.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds