file Can Open Dossier work like Eagle Sight + Enhanced Senses?

02 May 2013 17:41 #48102 by david_magri
Hello all. Please help me to clarify:

Open Dossier
Type: Reaction
Cost: 1 blood
Only usable by a vampire who has been chosen for a contract on the acting minion. This vampire attempts to block with +2 intercept and gets an optional maneuver in the resulting combat if successful. Usable by a tapped vampire even if intercept is not yet needed.

For example, if I put some contract in a minion that is not from my prey or preyer and that minion attemps a political action, can I use Open Dossier to try to block that minion, even without eagle sight, falcons eye or other similar effect?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2013 17:46 #48103 by Ohlmann
I may be wrong, but I think you cannot, because the card don't say explicitely that you can ignore the normal blocking restriction.

Second tradition have a very similar wording, and I am absolutely sure it cannot be used as an eagle sight.

More
02 May 2013 17:52 #48104 by david_magri
I agree with your explanation, but I´m still not totaly convinced because in Open Dossier you chose a minion in the contract.

More
02 May 2013 18:22 #48106 by Jeff Kuta
Before you can attempt to block, you must be able to block the action.

6.2.2.1 "Who May Attempt to Block"
This is determined whether the action is directed or undirected. That's it.

If you can attempt to block, then you can play Open Dossier. Also note: Just because you can play Open Dossier, doesn't mean you can play other reaction cards because it doesn't say anything about "as if untapped."

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
13 May 2013 09:08 #48459 by Pascal Bertrand

Before you can attempt to block, you must be able to block the action.

6.2.2.1 "Who May Attempt to Block"
This is determined whether the action is directed or undirected. That's it.

If you can attempt to block, then you can play Open Dossier. Also note: Just because you can play Open Dossier, doesn't mean you can play other reaction cards because it doesn't say anything about "as if untapped."

Correct.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds