file Hostile Takeover et al.

17 Jun 2013 11:49 #49918 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Hostile Takeover et al.

If the players cannot agree who said it first, call the judge over. [LSJ 20080701]

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this is problematic. The bidding order can decide games (major finals, even) and a lack of sequencing leaves too much room for ambiguity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2013 12:07 #49920 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Hostile Takeover et al.

If the players cannot agree who said it first, call the judge over. [LSJ 20080701]

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this is problematic. The bidding order can decide games (major finals, even) and a lack of sequencing leaves too much room for ambiguity.

In a major final, there will be a judge present and a lot of witnesses if it seems necessary.

In every other cases, having a sequencing rule will lead to time consumming.

More
17 Jun 2013 12:37 #49932 by Suoli

In a major final, there will be a judge present and a lot of witnesses if it seems necessary.

In every other cases, having a sequencing rule will lead to time consumming.

Two or more people can still start their sentences at the same time, intentionally or not. Or at least close enough that it's impossible to tell who bid first. I'm not saying that there's a chance to cheat or argue, I'm saying that bidding legally can lead to coin flip situations.

As for time consumption, it doesn't take long to say "pass" or "pass and skip my bidding turns".

This might not actually be an enormous problem, auctions don't come up very often. Still, making certain cards have time sensitive mechanics seems out of place in a turn based game.

More
17 Jun 2013 12:53 #49935 by kombainas
I believe beer would solve such problem. Drink before the game, dull your reaction and there, you just would not react at the same speed. Adjust the amount of alcohol as needed. :evil:

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
17 Jun 2013 14:46 #49949 by jamesatzephyr

Since the exact same problem can come up during polling for every referendum in the game, I imagine you could just use the exact same solution you've used for that.

More
17 Jun 2013 15:11 #49951 by Suoli

Since the exact same problem can come up during polling for every referendum in the game, I imagine you could just use the exact same solution you've used for that.

If two people cast their votes at the same time, there is no problem - the end result is the same as them casting their votes one by one. If two people bid 3 pool at the same time, there very clearly is a conflict.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds