file Burning 419 Operation without counters

01 Jul 2013 09:41 #50823 by Amenophobis

419 Operation
+1 stealth action.
Put this card in play. During your untap phase, you may move 1 pool from your prey's pool to this card or move the pool on this card to your pool. Your prey can burn the Edge to move the counters on this card to his or her pool and burn this card.

Is it possible to burn a single 419 operation by burning the edge, if the card has no counters on it?

Since 0 is a legitimate number for all kinds of effects in VTES, I'm inclined to say yes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2013 09:51 #50824 by Killjoy71
Yes, you can burn the edge to burn a 419 operation even if there are no counters.It is the only were to get rid of them....

VTES is not for the faint of heart...especially when you don't have a enough blood.

Prince Of Geneva

More
01 Jul 2013 10:07 #50825 by Pascal Bertrand

Yes, you can burn the edge to burn a 419 operation even if there are no counters.

Correct.

More
01 Jul 2013 10:08 #50826 by jamesatzephyr

419 Operation
+1 stealth action.
Put this card in play. During your untap phase, you may move 1 pool from your prey's pool to this card or move the pool on this card to your pool. Your prey can burn the Edge to move the counters on this card to his or her pool and burn this card.

Is it possible to burn a single 419 operation by burning the edge, if the card has no counters on it?

Yes.

Effects involving counters usually don't target the individual counters. This means that you can:

- play Theft of Vitae, even when your opponent has no blood or life
- play Villein, even when the vampire has less than 2 blood (even an empty vampire)
- burn 419 and move "the counters", even when there are no counters.

More
01 Jul 2013 12:00 #50834 by Amenophobis
Thank you guys. I needed to get a clear ruling for one of my more "stubborn" players. :laugh:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds