file Alastor + Clan specific equipment cards

18 Jul 2013 14:32 #51843 by Franz
If I call a successful Alastor, can I select a Clan specific equipment (Ankara Citadel for instance) to be placed in the selected vampire even if he is not of that clan?

I always thought that Alastor circumvented clan requirements on equipment because you are not actually equipping it, but rather placing it on the chosen minion (per card text), but I need confirmation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2013 14:42 #51848 by jamesatzephyr

If I call a successful Alastor, can I select a Clan specific equipment (Ankara Citadel for instance) to be placed in the selected vampire even if he is not of that clan?

Yes, you ignore the clan requirements. [LSJ 20040518]

> A. Since you are placing the equipment (and not equipping), does this mean that
> you do not have to meet the appropriate requirements?

Yes.

The card text is "search your library for an equipment card and place this card and the equipment on the chosen vampire." So you're just placing. You're not equipping the card, like you would with Disguised Weapon.

Note that some clan-specific equipment requires a particular clan to equip, and only provides benefits to a vampire from that clan. For example, Journal of Hrorsh: "When this Salubri performs a successful action, put a counter on this card." So you'd get a card like this, but it'd be mostly useless to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds