file The first is the first

16 Aug 2013 04:37 - 16 Aug 2013 04:37 #53285 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: The first is the first

maybe we can get an official rules decision here. Paging Pascal...

About what?

James's correct. Reading the cardtext leads to same result.

Each Methuselah must burn 2 pool during his or her untap phase.

=> it's an effect that happens during the untap phase. You can order it as you want.

A Methuselah can choose to skip his or her entire turn.

=> if he does, he hasn't any untap phase and therefore doesn't burn pool

Burn this card when the controller has either skipped 3 turns or burned a total of 6 pool by this effect.

=> you must meet one of the two criteria to burn the card. So by skipping 2 turns and having burned 4 pool, the card is still there.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 16 Aug 2013 04:37 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2013 23:52 - 16 Aug 2013 23:53 #53323 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Re: The first is the first
Sorry, i meant i was asking an official rules decision on whether skipping counts for one or for all First traditions in play and if its cost is the combined total of first trads in play(eg. 3 in play means 6 pool per turn taken).
Since James wasnt 100% sure by the new wording. Since before he's been pretty spot on all the ruling questions he answered for me, so i wanted Pascal to make an official decision or clarification on this particular card.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2013 23:53 by blackday.

More
18 Aug 2013 20:32 #53388 by Pascal Bertrand
Each First Tradition "remembers" how many times you've skipped your turn or how much pool you burned to it. "This effect" refers to the effect a given copy of First Tradition introduces.

With 2 First Traditions in play under your control, you can very much have skipped your turn twice to First Tradition A, and then skipped twice your turn to First Tradition B.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds