file Wall Street Nights question

18 Aug 2013 11:43 #53363 by CalibanX
So, can I Tap Wall Street Nights Financial Newspaper to remove a blood from one of my own Investment cards as a +1 Stealth action? It says you can do this to "any" Methuselah but it also says it's a Directed action. I thought Directed actions can't be used on yourself but then why does it say "any"? So, which is it? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2013 12:38 #53366 by Adonai
Card text quoted for context:

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/cardlist.txt

Name: Wall Street Night, Financial Newspaper
[Promo-20060123]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: unique location.
Tap during an undirected action to give a minion you control +1 intercept for the current action. Tap to select a minion you control. Once this turn, the chosen minion may move a counter from an investment card controlled by any Methuselah to your pool as a +1 stealth (D) action.
Artist: David Day

Rulebook, section 6.2.2.

www.vekn.net/rulebook

As a convenience, when a card describes an action that is typically directed at another Methuselah, the card's text will usually include a (D) symbol as a reminder that the action is typically directed.

So, using these 2 bits to answer your questions....

Yes, you can target your own investment and get the stealth. Both your predator's minions and your prey's minions are eligible blockers.

There is no general restriction on the target of directed actions. An action is directed if it targets something controlled by another Methuselah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalibanX

More
18 Aug 2013 20:34 #53389 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answer from Adonai.

The action to move the counter from your investment card to your pool would be a +1 stealth action. (same as regular hunts or political actions).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds