file A life less ordinary?

18 Sep 2013 06:06 #54156 by delangen
Yeah it was a slow day in the lab tonight!

One last question.

I was playing a game many moons ago, and I weather controlled a bunch of Wynn's wolfy companions, was just collateral damage and wasn't a game changing problem, but my friend pulled out his old V:tES Bloodlines rulebook from (what was it 1947? or something) to show me that retainers if not killed regain their life... I don't know the exact terminology, but I'm pretty sure it was there!

Now my question is this: Is this rule still around? Has it been changed? Did I miss it somewhere? Did I hallucinate it? Does he owe me a shot of GreyGoose?

I couldn't find anything like that pertaining to retainers' life; except none=burn.

Thanks again, you guys work hard to answer my questions. Take a day off!

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2013 07:04 - 18 Sep 2013 07:05 #54157 by Pascal Bertrand

Yeah it was a slow day in the lab tonight!

One last question.

I was playing a game many moons ago, and I weather controlled a bunch of Wynn's wolfy companions, was just collateral damage and wasn't a game changing problem, but my friend pulled out his old V:tES Bloodlines rulebook from (what was it 1947? or something) to show me that retainers if not killed regain their life... I don't know the exact terminology, but I'm pretty sure it was there!

Now my question is this: Is this rule still around? Has it been changed? Did I miss it somewhere? Did I hallucinate it? Does he owe me a shot of GreyGoose?

I couldn't find anything like that pertaining to retainers' life; except none=burn.

Thanks again, you guys work hard to answer my questions. Take a day off!

This rule isn't around anymore. Retainers don't "regenerate".
It did use to be there ( Rulebook version from '98 ), but's it's been dropped quite some time ago.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2013 07:05 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
18 Sep 2013 07:06 - 18 Sep 2013 07:07 #54158 by the1andonlime
The life on retainers function exactly the same as those on allies, other than being on a retainer. An employed retainer enters play with life equal to its starting value, as per card text. It loses life counters as it takes damage, and dies when it runs out of life counters (for whatever reason).

No retainers I know of can heal itself (except the nonsense from Swarm).

Edit: Ah. Got beat to the post by PB! :silly:

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz
Last edit: 18 Sep 2013 07:07 by the1andonlime.

More
19 Sep 2013 15:24 #54178 by jamesatzephyr

No retainers I know of can heal itself (except the nonsense from Swarm).

Though you can heal a retainer who is a ghoul using Transfusion.
[nec] Only usable after a successful action. Add 1 blood to a ready vampire.
[thn] As [nec] above, but add 1 life to a ghoul or 1 blood to a ready vampire.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds