file Malkavian time Auction + Blood Doll/Villein

05 Oct 2013 16:13 #54804 by Malcolm Sprye
Okay, So I searched the old boards, and the new, and didn't really find an answer to this.

If you Malkavian Time Auction and sell off a Blood Doll, does the winner get to move it to one of his minions? I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure Vessel/BD belong to whoever controls the minion (so you could take control of someone's vampire, and use the BD on them). So that would mean that you can't Own a BD on someone else's minion.

What about Villein? Would they get to move it? Would moving it count as playing it on the new minion (and allow them to pull blood off)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2013 22:48 - 07 Oct 2013 05:59 #54851 by the1andonlime
Not sure what the Time Auction does (card text would have been nice), but as a general rule, Master cards are controlled by the player who played them until an effect dictates a change of controller.

As for Villein, unless MTA states "as if it was played from hand" or something to that effect, it is just moved to a new minion and will affect future Villeins and Minion Taps played by the new controller.

Edit:
Ignore the bit on Villein. According to this:

groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/qzKS4OGBgbo

Villein stays on the current minion. It simply changes controllers and will affect future Minion Taps played by the new controller (no change to the cost of playing a new Villein on the current minion)

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz
Last edit: 07 Oct 2013 05:59 by the1andonlime.

More
07 Oct 2013 04:50 - 07 Oct 2013 04:52 #54855 by hardyrange

Malkavian Time Auction
Type: Master
Requires: Malkavian
Master.
Choose a card you control. Starting to your left and proceeding clockwise, other Methuselahs may bid pool for control of that card. Highest bidder takes control of the card. You collect pool from the two highest bidders.

Blood Doll
Master.
Put this card on a vampire you control. During his or her master phase, this vampire's controller may move 1 blood from this vampire to his or her pool or from his or her pool to this vampire.

Vessel
Cost: 1 pool
Master: trifle.
Put this card on a vampire, and you may burn a Blood Doll in play (if any). During this vampire's controller's untap phase, he or she may move 1 blood from this vampire to his or her pool or from his or her pool to this vampire.

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Tradition Compliance Manager
Last edit: 07 Oct 2013 04:52 by hardyrange.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruiza97, Malcolm Sprye

More
07 Oct 2013 06:08 - 07 Oct 2013 06:12 #54856 by the1andonlime

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure Vessel/BD belong to whoever controls the minion (so you could take control of someone's vampire, and use the BD on them). So that would mean that you can't Own a BD on someone else's minion.

BD & Vessels (like all Master cards) are controlled by the player who played them.

You can play a Vessel on someone else's vampire (card text), but he or she gets to decide whether or not to use the Vessel (also card text).

You cannot play a BD on someone else's vampire (card text), but if can use a BD played by someone else that somehow ended up on a vampire you control.

The BD and Vessel (like all other cards) leave play when the controller is ousted. For example:
- You play Vessel on your predator's vampire and get ousted. Said Vessel leaves play
- You play BD on your vampire, which subsequently gets stolen by your prey via Temptation of Greater Power, who then back-ousts you with Kindred Spirits. Said BD is leaves play but the vampire stay on the table

Always remember that:
- you control all Master cards you play
- minion cards are controlled by either the controller of the minion it is on, or the player it is currently with (for cards like Army of Rats)
- card text trumps all rules they contradict

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz
Last edit: 07 Oct 2013 06:12 by the1andonlime.

More
07 Oct 2013 16:58 - 07 Oct 2013 16:59 #54896 by Malcolm Sprye
This doesn't answer my question. To be clear, I am asking about what happens if you Auction off the Blood Doll, NOT the minion it's on.
groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/qzKS4OGBgbo

This ruling covers the case for _Minion_ cards on minions; If you win an ivory bow in Malk Time Auction, you choose one of your minions to put it on.

However, the ruling says nothing, one way or the other about what happens if you Malk Auction masters.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2013 16:59 by Malcolm Sprye.

More
07 Oct 2013 17:53 #54898 by AaronC
Since there is no ruling, by default the master stays put, although the control changes.

According to rules section 1.6.3, a minion card is controlled by the controller of the minion it is on. Therefore, if another player takes control of a minion card that must be put on a minion (retainer, equipment, some locations), he would have to put it on a minion he controls in order to take control of it. LSJ's ruling just clarified what was already in the rulebook.

There is no rule that connects the control of a master card with the controller of the minion it is placed upon. Therefore, logically, there is no reason why a player who takes control of such a master card through MTA would get to move it. Since there is no ruling to the contrary, that is the rule. No need for "official clarification", really.

In some cases, taking control of a master card on another player's minion has little relevance, e.g., disciplines, Blood Doll. In other cases, it is substantive, like for cards that can be removed through a (d) action, such as Pentex.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds