file A giant stupid question

12 Oct 2013 01:34 #55165 by delangen
Hi,

I was teaching someone to play and something happened that I couldn't argue with him about it, so maybe someone could halp out, so I don't have to scour the tons of Rulebook/Complete Rules Ref/General Rules/Card Rulings...

Ok here is what happened... we both begin the game by drawing our seven library cards and 4 crypt cards... now he starts his turn and he wants to play Giant's blood on one of his uncontrolled vampires. So I perused the rules quickly but couldn't find anywhere that this isn't allowed.

Master.
Fill a vampire to full capacity with blood from the blood bank. Only one Giant's Blood can be played in a game.

Thank you kindly

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2013 01:58 #55166 by Juggernaut1981
It has been ruled to only target controlled vampires.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
12 Oct 2013 02:30 - 12 Oct 2013 02:31 #55167 by Boris The Blade
It has not "been ruled", it is in the rules, section 1.6.1:

4. Targets. If a card is played on another card, or selects or chooses or otherwise targets another card, the target card must be in play (i.e., controlled). Vampires in the torpor region are eligible targets by default, but vampires in the uncontrolled region and contested cards are not.

The only effects that can be played on an uncontrolled minion are the ones that specify it, superior Govern the Unaligned for example.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2013 02:31 by Boris The Blade.

More
12 Oct 2013 03:00 #55168 by delangen
Excellent ,

Was looking in all the wrong places. I was definite that it wasn't kosher, just needed to say why.

Thanks

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

More
20 Oct 2013 07:17 #55479 by Pascal Bertrand

It has not "been ruled", it is in the rules, section 1.6.1:

4. Targets. If a card is played on another card, or selects or chooses or otherwise targets another card, the target card must be in play (i.e., controlled). Vampires in the torpor region are eligible targets by default, but vampires in the uncontrolled region and contested cards are not.

The only effects that can be played on an uncontrolled minion are the ones that specify it, superior Govern the Unaligned for example.

Correct.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds