file Diablerie & Disciplines

20 Oct 2013 12:35 #55486 by yesferatu
I can't believe I don't know this but...
When a younger vampire commits diablerie, and would grab a discipline card from your ash heap, hand or library, can you search out a specific discipline or do you have to take the first one you find?

For example, if Tara the Brujah diablrist already has Potence and Presence at superior, and you have all three Brujah discipline cards in your deck, can you keep searching until you find a Celerity discipline card? I don't believe that effect can "fizzle" if you find something you already have at superior.

Similarly, if Yuri the Brujah Diablrist eats an older vampire, can you search for whichever of the three in-clans you want or do you have to take the first one you find?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2013 12:59 #55488 by Jeff Kuta
You "search" for the discipline card, so you can take any one you find available.

Yes, you can give Tara a Celerity card, even if it wasn't first.

Yes, you can give Yuri any discipline card you find.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
20 Oct 2013 13:05 #55489 by yesferatu
Thanks.
I don't know why, but 6.5.5.4 Diablerie rules always seemed a little fuzzy to me. I always thought it functioned like Vast Wealth for some reason. Naturally, the rule only comes up for me like once a year.

More
20 Oct 2013 13:49 #55490 by jamesatzephyr

Similarly, if Yuri the Brujah Diablrist eats an older vampire, can you search for whichever of the three in-clans you want or do you have to take the first one you find?

Also, for clarity, you don't have to search for 'in clan' disciplines. (Obviously, if they're the only things in your deck then you're stuck with them.) If you have Malkavians rushing out of turn with Madness Network and you'd like to pop an extra level of Protean on them when they diablerize someone, feel free - assuming the card's in your deck in the first place.

Indeed, V:TES doesn't - mechanically - recognise the concept of in-clan disciplines. Obviously, card designers have recognised them. Usually.

More
20 Oct 2013 19:37 #55512 by yesferatu
Yup.
Thanks for the clarification.
I think I was just simplifying for the examples.

More
22 Oct 2013 08:55 #55570 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answers from Jeff Kuta and jamesatzephyr here.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds