file Two Player Game - Deflection and Kine Resources Contested

21 Oct 2013 21:25 - 21 Oct 2013 21:26 #55554 by vtesstudent
Hello, I have a question about the use of

Deflection
Kine Resources Contested

when in a two player game.

1) Is Deflection useless in a two player game as I can't deflect it to another Methuselah's vampire?

2) Since Kine Resources Contested says I must target two Methuselahs. do I have to target myself with 1 point and 3 for my opponent, or am I unable to target myself and hence the card is useless in a two player game?

Thank you!
Last edit: 21 Oct 2013 21:26 by vtesstudent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2013 21:55 #55555 by Klaital
Deflection cannot be played at all in 2 player game, Kine Resources Contested instead yes you can target yourself with it so its playable just fine when there is only 2 people left.

More
21 Oct 2013 21:55 #55556 by jozxyqk
1) Correct. Deflection is a dead card when the game is reduced to 2 players. It's one of the things that makes Deflection remotely balanced.
Note that "My Enemy's Enemy" says to redirect the bleed to your predator's predator, which is yourself (and therefore legal) in the 2-player situation.

2) You may choose yourself. Sometimes you have to choose yourself in a multiplayer game just to get votes in favor from around the table.

More
21 Oct 2013 22:20 #55558 by vtesstudent
Great, thank you for the quick responses!

More
22 Oct 2013 07:12 #55568 by Kiddo
Note the difference between KRC, where you can target any two or more players, and Reckless Agitation, where you have to target two or more other players, thus making it unplayable in a 2-player game.

More
22 Oct 2013 08:52 #55569 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answers from everyone here.

Regarding My Enemy's Enemy, played in a 2-player game, remember it doesn't change the target of the bleed, and thus won't give you a new block opportunity.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds