file voted city title + anarch secession

16 Mar 2014 02:14 #59976 by TorranceCircle
If I call a praxis seizure or crusade to gain a city title, then at some point use the same vampire to play anarch secession, do I gain the corresponding baron title?

Crusade: Amsterdam
[Political Action] Political Action
Requires a Sabbat vampire. Title.

If this referendum passes, put this card on the acting vampire to represent the unique Sabbat title of Archbishop of Amsterdam. This could lead to a contested title. If this vampire is Ventrue antitribu, he or she untaps during your next discard phase.

Anarch Secession
[Action] Action
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready, non-anarch, titled vampire.

Put an anarch counter on this acting vampire. This vampire becomes anarch (and Independent). If he or she had a city title, put this card on him or her as a title card to represent the title of baron of the same city. Minions without titles cannot block this action. Burn the anarch counter if this vampire changes sects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2014 02:37 #59977 by Juggernaut1981
I can't see why not...
The first title card goes when you become an Anarch BUT the first title was Archbishop of Amsterdam, so the Secession card goes on you to make you the Baron of Amsterdam. Seems fine.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
16 Mar 2014 08:07 #59982 by jamesatzephyr

If I call a praxis seizure or crusade to gain a city title, then at some point use the same vampire to play anarch secession, do I gain the corresponding baron title?

The quick answer is: yes. The card doesn't distinguish between different types of city title.

Interestingly, this question doesn't appear to have come up before, so I can't point to an explicit ruling but the rest of this does follow from the rules. Praxis Seizure: Blah is a title card on the vampire, representing the title Prince of Blah. When the vampire gains the title Baron of Blah, they yield the title Prince of Blah, and so you burn the Title card:

Title: A Title card is a placeholder for a title. If the title is yielded or lost, the card is burned. If the title is unique, contests are paid with vampire blood, as normal for titles.

This means that the title card is in the ash heap (available for ash-heap diving), and also that you lose any benefits tied to the card, such as increased capacity from Praxis Seizure: Berlin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds