exclamation-circle chain of command, what happened if the vampire burns?

21 Mar 2014 16:52 #60168 by Volpenera
Sorry guys i have a question about chain of command:

+1 stealth action.
[dom] Put X younger vampires from your uncontrolled region in play with 1 blood from the blood bank each (and with any blood they already have). You cannot choose any unique vampires already in play. Those vampires must bleed. When one of them bleeds successfully, or when all that can bleed have, move them all to the bottom of your crypt.
[DOM] As above, but move X+1 younger vampires.

I make a chain of command, vampire x come out and during the bleed he take 2 aggravated damage to make it burn. What happened to dat vampire? i must move it in the bottom of the crypt or he go in the ash heap?

Giulio De Cicco

Prince of Trento - Italy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2014 17:51 #60171 by jamesatzephyr

I make a chain of command, vampire x come out and during the bleed he take 2 aggravated damage to make it burn. What happened to dat vampire? i must move it in the bottom of the crypt or he go in the ash heap?

Note: a vampire with one blood who takes 2 aggravated damage doesn't burn, he goes to torpor. (First point wounds him. Still on one blood. Second point causes him to burn a blood to prevent destruction. Zero blood, in torpor.)

However, if you do actually burn your vampire - which is easy enough to do - the vampire stays in the ash heap.
[lSJ 20040520]

>>2) Chain of Command
>>What if I choose two of the same vampire in my uncontrolled region? Do they
>>contest?
>>What if I choose two Jimmy Dunns? Does one burn and go to the ash heap
>>instead of bottom of crypt?
>>
>
>
> The exact same things that happen whenever you contest your own vampire.
> The new one (or either if they are truly brought out simultaneoulsy) is
> burned. If any of the minions brought out by Chain of Command are burned
> while minions, they remain in your ash heap as already ruled.

Correct on all.

More
21 Mar 2014 18:22 #60174 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
Chain of Command is poorly worded and there's poorly documented 2004 ruling that applies.

First, get yourself empty to actually burn from 2 agg :) I suggest Govern the Unaligned to lose the blood and Daring the Dawn to create the agg.

At the end of the bleed action, end of action effects apply before CoC. So the vampire burns as you suggest.

Then....it stays in the ash heap, despite CoC's text because of a 2004 ruling stating "Burned vampires aren't fetched by effects unless explicit."

Reference

More
21 Mar 2014 18:30 #60176 by Volpenera
thx for the answers, yep i know i must use dat blood with govern :whistle:

Giulio De Cicco

Prince of Trento - Italy

More
21 Mar 2014 21:48 #60182 by ReverendRevolver

thx for the answers, yep i know i must use dat blood with govern :whistle:

Or conditioning...... ;)
Now, if only there were some kind of card to pull said minion back......(please note, necro still SUCKS for everythimg else)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds