file Very Simple Question

27 Apr 2014 02:37 #61587 by Jeff M
Very Simple Question was created by Jeff M
I used to play VTES but got away from it for a lot of years. Anyway I've recently become interested again. I was wondering if I have multiple copies of the vampire in my Crypt and one is burned, can I bring out the second one? I have a Toreador deck with two copies of Masika. Thanks. Hope I didn't ask anything that was already asked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2014 02:45 #61588 by brandonsantacruz
Yes, they will not contest if the first is burned.

Also, it is ok to ask questions that have been asked before. :)

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
27 Apr 2014 02:47 #61589 by Jeff M
Replied by Jeff M on topic Re: Very Simple Question
Thanks. That's what it looked like according to the rulebook but wasn't sure I was understanding completely.

More
27 Apr 2014 06:18 - 27 Apr 2014 06:18 #61591 by jamesatzephyr

I used to play VTES but got away from it for a lot of years. Anyway I've recently become interested again. I was wondering if I have multiple copies of the vampire in my Crypt and one is burned, can I bring out the second one?

Not just vampires. Pretty much anything unique that gets burned can be brought into play a second time, if you have a second copy. For example:

- You have an Ivory Bow (unique weapon), but the vampire who has it gets burned, so the Bow gets burned too. You can equip a second Ivory Bow later, if you have it in your deck. And I could bring my copy into play without the need to contest, once yours is burned.

- I have Mr Winthrop, a unique retainer. In combat, he gets shot to death by a gun user. Later, I draw into a second copy of Mr Winthrop, which I can then bring into play.

- I have Dreams of the Sphinx, a popular master card which burns once it's used up (it has limited uses). After it's burned, I can play a second copy.
Last edit: 27 Apr 2014 06:18 by jamesatzephyr.

More
07 May 2014 01:28 #61913 by librarian
Replied by librarian on topic Re: Very Simple Question
Events can only be played once per game. Events are not however called "unique". But only one of any type can be in play at any time.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds