file No Repeat Actions new questions

01 May 2014 16:13 - 01 May 2014 16:13 #61728 by ThatGuyThere
Hello! Relative newb here.

A minion cannot perform an action with the same action card more than once each turn, even if he untaps. A minion cannot perform each action via the same card in play (including from the minion's own card text) more than once each turn, even if he untaps.

I'm a little unclear on what this means.

Assuming I keep untapping her, and keep drawing fresh copies of Bum's Rush off my library, can Una keep using Bum's Rush to get in combat with people, or do I need to make sure to cycle her through a combination of Bum's Rush, Ambush, Rumble, and Monomancy?

I'm *assuming* it's the latter, but the use of the word "card" confuses me.

Alternately, If she equips with a .44 Magnum, and untaps, can she equip with another .44 Magnum? If the action fails, and I get her untapped, can she use Filchware's Pawn Shop to equip with that .44 Magnum from my ash heap?

I do understand that she can't Govern, untap, Computer Hacking, untap, Intimidate - no more than one bleed per turn. I'm just not sure what the effect of No Repeat Actions is on ... well, other actions.

Thanks in advance!

(Edit: Also, that should be, "No Repeat Actions NEWB questions". I'm sure they're not new questions.)
Last edit: 01 May 2014 16:13 by ThatGuyThere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2014 16:25 #61729 by Jeff Kuta

A minion cannot perform an action with the same action card more than once each turn, even if he untaps. A minion cannot perform each action via the same card in play (including from the minion's own card text) more than once each turn, even if he untaps.

I'm a little unclear on what this means.

Assuming I keep untapping her, and keep drawing fresh copies of Bum's Rush off my library, can Una keep using Bum's Rush to get in combat with people, or do I need to make sure to cycle her through a combination of Bum's Rush, Ambush, Rumble, and Monomancy?

I'm *assuming* it's the latter, but the use of the word "card" confuses me.

No. Una can't use more than one Bum's Rush per turn.
Yes. Una needs to use different combat cards.

Alternately, If she equips with a .44 Magnum, and untaps, can she equip with another .44 Magnum? If the action fails, and I get her untapped, can she use Filchware's Pawn Shop to equip with that .44 Magnum from my ash heap?

I do understand that she can't Govern, untap, Computer Hacking, untap, Intimidate - no more than one bleed per turn. I'm just not sure what the effect of No Repeat Actions is on ... well, other actions.

No. Una can't equip with another .44 Magnum after *performing* that action. I'm not 100% about Filchware's Pawn Shop, but I would tend to think that she could use it to get her .44 Magnum if the first attempt were blocked. FPS is the "card in play" that allows that action.

Another good example of this is Clandestine Contract.

+1 stealth action. Requires an Assamite with a capacity above 4. Contract.
(D) Enter combat with a ready minion controlled by another Methuselah and put this card on that minion. This Assamite is chosen for this contract. This Assamite may enter combat with this minion as a +1 stealth (D) action.

An Assamite can take the CC action and pay 1 pool to get a contract against and simultaneously enter combat with a ready minion. If the Assamite untaps after the CC action, they can use the CC as a "card in play" action immediately thereafter on the same turn.

CC isn't necessarily a great card, but the example does contrast "performing an action" by "playing an action card" with "taking a card in play action."

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGuyThere

More
01 May 2014 16:25 #61730 by Dorrinal
"with the same action card" is your clue. You cannot use more than one Bum's Rush with the same minion on the same turn. Another example: you cannot use enchant kindred at superior, untap, then bleed with another copy at basic.

:trem:

More
01 May 2014 20:39 #61741 by Lönkka

What Jeff probably meant to say was that Una can use different action cards to enter multiple combats... (the cards you enter combat with tend not to be combat cards)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 May 2014 20:54 #61743 by ReverendRevolver

What Jeff probably meant to say was that Una can use different action cards to enter multiple combats... (the cards you enter combat with tend not to be combat cards)

Ex:
Bums rush

Freak drive

Ambush

Fd

Harass, fd, rumble, fd, charge of the buffalo @ for, fd, deep song, fd, taunt the caged beast, fd, (call prepetual care?) Fd, big game, etc.

More
02 May 2014 13:18 #61770 by ThatGuyThere
Awesome. Well, awesome-ish.

Does mean I have to change my deckbuilding style slightly.

Thanks for all the help!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds