file No Repeat Actions new questions

02 May 2014 14:34 #61772 by ReverendRevolver

Awesome. Well, awesome-ish.

Does mean I have to change my deckbuilding style slightly.

Thanks for all the help!

Well.......

The example i provided was, essentially, every rush action una has action to(add in sense death @ ani, talbots chainsaw, eye, and stuff like haven uncovered/frontal assault and thats all there is...)

So, if you NEED to rush amd torpor a legacy of pander deck, weenie dbr, nos breed n boon, and tuminos swarm, all set up, at one table, in one turn, MAYBE you need all 20 or whatever rush actions. In practicality:

Ive made finals at big tournaments with:
Akunanse no secrets (8deep song, at the time. Possibly ome secure haven)
Anson Cel Guns (6-8 bums rush, 2-? Haven uncovered)

Small tournaments with Cock Robin ((8 deep song, 1-2 taunt the caged beast)

And decimated casual games with Germain(7ish bums rush, 1-2 harass) Ariadne(8deep song)and Mordechai(8deep song, few nose of the hound) and Qwayayayaybla(8ish sense death)

Basically, you need to not die, and not let yoir prey have free reign, so a billion rush actions, even for una, is impractical. You DO a big turn, you dont have to do everything in one turn. Combat package pending, Deep song is great, ttcb is decent, then the non discipline rushs, in order of good for Una is Rumble, bums ruah, harass, ambush.

Rush combat is so-so 90% of the time compared to the same thing with greater blocking potential. Una cares less about that, but point is the same that rushing is a means to an end, and even dunking the table and calling prepetual care isnt 5vpGW by any real situation.

Build with 4+ deep song, splash the rest based upon support crypts ability to play them, and most fluid combat is like 32-40, but typically 36, red cards.

Build to yoir playstyle. Netdecking isnt as great in vtes as other games due to uniqueness of playstyle.

Rant over, hope ive helped.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGuyThere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2014 16:32 - 02 May 2014 16:34 #61776 by ThatGuyThere
Oh, you're absolutely right. An Una "I Fight Everyone" deck is never going to make anybody's final table (okay, maybe not never, but you get what I'm saying).

But I've never played in a tournament setting, and honestly, I'm pretty unlikely to*. I play in a casual format where we include far more combat than is sensible in decks that are too big with Clans that are awful while using cards that are wallpaper, and we have a lot of laughs, and complain a lot, and congratulate a lot. A lot of cards that consensus says are "terrible" are perfectly enjoyable at our tables, because winning is a secondary objective to having fun, which we have in spades.

Plus, the look on my predator, and prey's, faces when Una untaps - again - to send another vampire to Torpor ... ... and then untaps again ... is going to make the effort worthwhile.

[ Edit - Also, I have no Deep Songs, but if I did? Absolutely all the time with the singing in the deep and such. ]

* - I would, but thus far, southern Ontario is not a hub of activity for V:tES. Working on changing that, though.
Last edit: 02 May 2014 16:34 by ThatGuyThere.

More
02 May 2014 17:11 #61777 by ThatGuyThere
But wait, there's more!

Okay, Una's done, but Enkidu is just getting fired up. Can *he* only use his built-in action ("Enkidu can enter combat with any minion as a (d) action. ") once per turn?

More
02 May 2014 17:15 #61778 by Jeff Kuta
Yes. Once per turn. Enkidu is considered a card in play.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
02 May 2014 17:29 #61779 by ThatGuyThere
Great. Good. That's very sensible. :laugh:

Thanks!

More
02 May 2014 19:24 #61789 by Juggernaut1981
@ThatGuyThere:

Each vampire can do the following once:
- use a card of a given name from your hand
- use the text of each card face up on the table (regardless of name).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds