file Re: Nahir and research counters

23 May 2014 02:52 #62700 by alasteir
Hi everyone, there's a lot of time since my last topic.

A doubt:

If the lasombra Nahir goes to torpor with a research counter on her do you still remain with the enlarged handsize?

I assume yes, because the she has two habilities, divised by a períod, first the one to get THE counters, wich specifies that she needs to be ready, and the other, wich doesn't say this.

What you say?


Nahir
Clan: Lasombra (group 3)
Capacity: 10
Disciplines: ANI DOM OBT POT tha
Sabbat: If Nahir is ready, you may use a master phase action to burn 1
pool to put a research counter on her. Your hand size is +X, where X
is the number of research counters she has. +1 bleed.

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2014 03:49 #62701 by Ankha

alasteir wrote: I assume yes, because the she has two habilities, divised by a períod, first the one to get THE counters, wich specifies that she needs to be ready, and the other, wich doesn't say this.

Correct.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2019 23:10 #98239 by Hakuron
Additional question:
Given you have enough master phase actions, can you use Nahir's special more than once per turn?

("a" in phrases like "a master phase action" leaves me in doubt whether it means "only one" or "multiple times one".)

National Coordinator Germany
Toreador Prince of Darmstadt, Heart of the Jugendstil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2019 00:14 - 14 Dec 2019 00:14 #98240 by jamesatzephyr

Hakuron wrote: Given you have enough master phase actions, can you use Nahir's special more than once per turn?


Yes.

Similarly, you can use Ayo Igoli's special more than once per turn, if you have multiple discard phase actions.
[LSJ 20080501]

LSJ wrote: > So I have Cagliostro, Powerbase: Los Angeles, Port Authority,
> Camirilla Threats and Ayo Igoli play.
>
> If I use all three discard phase action to discard cards, I will take
> 3 pool damage and have my hand size reduced by 3. correct?

You will have paid three pool in order to do so, yes.

And you will have three cards you are not replacing which count against your
hand size, yes.

> May Ayo put 2 blood on a younger uncontrolled laibon 3 times? I think
> not.

Yes, if you do that instead of using the discard phase actions to discard cards.

Or you can mix it up:

Pay a pool to use one dpa to discard a card (which you don't replace until your
untap phase), and use one to move two blood from Ayo to an uncontrolled Laibon
and use the last one to move two blood from Ayo to another uncontroller Laibon.


Ayo Igoli:
You may use a discard phase action to move 2 blood from Ayo to a Laibon in your uncontrolled region.
Last edit: 14 Dec 2019 00:14 by jamesatzephyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2019 14:01 #98294 by Tendoncutter
So, this would also apply to Khalids ability, then?

"Camarilla primogen: During your master phase, if Khalid is ready, you may use a master phase action and discard a card that requires Obfuscate from your hand to gain a pool."

Good way to cycle stealth if you're getting jammed :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2019 14:46 #98295 by Ankha

Tendoncutter wrote: So, this would also apply to Khalids ability, then?

"Camarilla primogen: During your master phase, if Khalid is ready, you may use a master phase action and discard a card that requires Obfuscate from your hand to gain a pool."

No.
See rulebook:

“During X, do Y”: The “during X do Y” template is used in several cards. When this template is used, only one Y can be done per X with this card. For instance, you may move blood from your vampire to your pool with Vessel only once per unlock phase.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum