file Does entering combat tap you...?

26 Jun 2014 13:35 #63367 by kombainas
I guess my playgroup is too aggressive to waste a guaranteed action (staying untapped) just for a possibility of bounce. Especially with a "big guy". There are wakes for that, which essentially work as freak drives for reactions - rarely a waste, and often a must.

Since you said, that you actually tested this, which archetypes actually benefited from this tapping shenanigans? I mean, if you pack rushes, you must send vamps to torpor, not tap... If you don't, then your deck simply does not work at what it should exceed. No rules would help that.

Also consider these cards:

Taunt the Caged Beast
Action
Animalism
[ani] (D) Enter combat with any vampire, with an optional maneuver in that combat.
[ANI] Choose a ready vampire controlled by your predator and another controlled by your prey (not usable when only one other Methuselah is in the game). The chosen vampires enter combat. If only one is ready at the end of that combat, he or she gains 4 blood.

Blissful Agony
Combat
Valeren
Animalism
[1 Blood]
[ani] Strike: hand strike at +1 damage.
[val] Only usable at close range before strikes are chosen. Opposing minion takes 1 unpreventable damage during strike resolution each round this combat when the range is close. A vampire may play only one Blissful Agony at [val] each combat.
[VAL] Strike: combat ends. Choose a minion controlled by a Methuselah other than the opposing vampire's controller. The opposing vampire enters combat with that minion.

They become tap'n'bleed cards with your rules...

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2014 17:28 #63373 by ThatGuyThere
Well, I admit first of all that our decks aren't exactly finely-tuned-killing-machines. We're far more casual than that. So I can't be specific about which archetypes are affected.

Secondly, it adds value to rushing vampires and not sending them to torpor. "At least" they tap, meaning they can't (or at least, find it more difficult) to block another action. Rushing one or two guys your Prey was anticipating having around to block means a big bleed can get through.

That Valerin card would be amazing - suddenly, I don't have to deal with you (anymore), and my Prey taps a guy, so he has less blockers for when it's my turn. Similarly, Taunt the Caged Beast is pretty strong in our group, since it taps a guy from your Predator, and Prey.

I'm absolutely not arguing this little 'feature' is a fix-all, and I'm not really advocating it. But it is a low-effort, low-investment way of bumping combat up a notch. Or even a Master card, that said minions (or maybe your prey's minions?) tap for entering combat, maybe?

Anyways, question answered; I've been wrong for 20 years. Looking ahead to trying this wacky new varient where we don't tap for entering combat! ::laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kombainas

More
26 Jun 2014 20:33 #63379 by Ke.
Bums Rush + Majesty + Powerbleed. Love it. :laugh:

Bet you have an interesting meta there.

More
27 Jun 2014 09:57 #63390 by a-e

You can do that with Deep Song + Earth Meld ;)

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
27 Jun 2014 10:08 #63391 by Timo

You can do that with Deep Song + Earth Meld ;)

Yes but it require 2 disciplines none of them having good +bleed.

Could you imagine this crypt (www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=5375) with this kind of tech ???

More
27 Jun 2014 10:25 #63392 by ReverendRevolver
Animalism DOES have tier of souls, and theres always leverage.

Also, you can bolt on Abo for a bleed pump (ousted with that card like 5 times)

And there are gangrel/!gangrel with presence.....

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds