file Blocking D Actions

30 Jun 2014 16:21 #63430 by Naxhaz
Blocking D Actions was created by Naxhaz
Can a target of a D action that's a Minion, block a D action that’s directed against themselves?

For example, I was playing a game recently and Millicent Smith was on the table.
Player 1, (with Millicent Smith) played Haven Uncovered on an untapped Lambach (player 2).

After the Haven was played, Player 1 announced an attack on Lambach with one of her vampires.

Player 2 then used Lambach to block the Direct Attack against himself enabled by the Haven, invoking Millicent Smith to destroy Player 1’s attacking vampire.

Nothing in the rules (that I’ve found) expressly forbids blocking D actions with the target of the D action, so long as the target is Ready. It still seems weird to me. What do you guys think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2014 17:25 #63431 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Blocking D Actions
Nothing forbids the target of a (D) action of blocking that action, unless explicitely stated, as in the Red List card for instance:

Name: Red List
Cardtype: Action
Requires a ready, titled, non-Red List vampire.
(D) Choose a ready ally or a ready younger vampire. The chosen minion becomes Red List. That minion may not attempt to block this action.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
30 Jun 2014 17:34 #63432 by Naxhaz
Replied by Naxhaz on topic Re: Blocking D Actions
Ankha,

Thanks for the reply. Browsing through some other posts here I was beginning to suspect that, but it's great to have confirmation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds