file Blocked Steely Tenacity

25 Sep 2014 09:57 #65771 by extrala
When Steely Tenacity (using qui) gets blocked, am I allowed to replace Steely Tenacity ...
  • when it is blocked/before combat takes place?
  • at the end of the action?
.. and more importantly, can I replace it with the Steely Tenacity in my sshheap or do I have to draw a card from my library.

Name: Steely Tenacity
[TR:C]
Cardtype: Action/Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Animalism/Dominate/Quietus
Requires an anarch. Do not replace until after this action. When you would replace this card, you may take this card from your ash heap instead.
[ani] [COMBAT] Strike: hand strike or use a melee weapon strike. This strike is at +1 damage, with an optional press.
[dom] [ACTION] (D) Bleed at +1 bleed.
[qui] [ACTION] +1 stealth action. (D) Enter combat with a ready minion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2014 10:09 - 25 Sep 2014 10:11 #65772 by Rémi
Replied by Rémi on topic Re: Blocked Steely Tenacity
Hey,

If the action is blocked, you go the combat sequence.
That combat belong to the action so you will not replace the card before the combat ends. It is the same as Bum's Rush .

When you replace the card, you will have to choose between drawing from your Library o taking back this card from your ash heap.

Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 25 Sep 2014 10:11 by Rémi.

More
25 Sep 2014 10:13 #65773 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Blocked Steely Tenacity
It's all written on it.

You don't replace the card "until after this action" (being blocked or not doesn't change a thing, it's not part of the action resolution).

• when it is blocked/before combat takes place?
  • at the end of the action?

The latter.

.. and more importantly, can I replace it with the Steely Tenacity in my sshheap or do I have to draw a card from my library.

Blocked or not, the card is in the ashheap upon resolution (=> successful or not). Steely Tenacity allows you to get back the card of the ash heap instead of drawing back.

"When you would replace this card, you may take this card from your ash heap instead."

groups.google.com/forum/?hl=fr#!msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/Omdhj0uS5lE/pPJAxZpWg-0J

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds