file Withering

12 Nov 2014 16:52 #67370 by mjvtes521
Withering was created by mjvtes521
If you play Withering as a strike (at superior) and the opposing minion prevents all of the hand damage, do the additional effects still work (-1 strength, no disciplines)?

Withering
[ani] Strike: 1R damage.
[thn] Strike: hand strike. Place this card on the opposing minion. The minion with this card has -1 strength. Burn this card during his or her controller's next discard phase.
[THN] As [thn] above, and the minion with this card cannot play cards that require any Disciplines.

I assume that if they dodge or strike: combat ends that they don't work, but please confirm that as well. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2014 19:52 #67373 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Withering

If you play Withering as a strike (at superior) and the opposing minion prevents all of the hand damage, do the additional effects still work (-1 strength, no disciplines)?

Withering
[ani] Strike: 1R damage.
[thn] Strike: hand strike. Place this card on the opposing minion. The minion with this card has -1 strength. Burn this card during his or her controller's next discard phase.
[THN] As [thn] above, and the minion with this card cannot play cards that require any Disciplines.

I assume that if they dodge or strike: combat ends that they don't work, but please confirm that as well. Thanks.

Its in the rulse under strikes,

Speed order is SCE, dodge, first strike, then regular strikes. So, Withering isnt the first two, so goes after those.

More
12 Nov 2014 20:11 #67374 by mjvtes521
Replied by mjvtes521 on topic Re: Withering
I didn't really understand your reply, but I looked more closely at the strike section of the rulebook as you suggested and see that the strike actually occurs before the damage. So the strike effect happens (withering goes on the opposing vampire, etc.) and then the damage is either taken or prevented. So it doesn't seem to matter whether or not the damage is prevented, the other strike effects of the card happen successfully. Cool card.

More
14 Nov 2014 19:06 #67423 by mjvtes521
Replied by mjvtes521 on topic Re: Withering
Can you play it for inferior or superior thanatosis at long range? The hand strike would miss of course, but would the additional strike effects work?

More
14 Nov 2014 19:22 #67424 by Pascek
Replied by Pascek on topic Re: Withering
Strikes that are not ranged ( or does not have an "R" on it ) can be used in this case for cycling ( "only usable at close" restriction still prevents it from using ), but no effect for the second part at long.

:bruj: :DOM::FOR::POT::PRE::PRO:
Roberto Mautone Jr.
Praetor

More
15 Nov 2014 14:23 #67431 by Louhi
Replied by Louhi on topic Re: Withering
If I'm not mistaken you also can't play prevent (requiring disciplines) against a withering since once put on the vampire disciplines can't be used anymore: groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/withering$20prevent/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/ERCum4RgtQ0/V8kVTy_37FIJ

You are, however, allowed to use prevent effects already in play (e.g. Unflinching Persistance)

Lidingö Scourge

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds