file Re: no repeat action

03 Dec 2014 09:19 - 03 Dec 2014 09:20 #67880 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: no repeat action

Nac wrote: It was unclear for me the way in which No Repeat Action worked in interaction with a "cancel" effect. Now I know why it goes that way but the uneasyness remains: "cancel" works different with different kind of cards and it is hard for me to grasp a genenal understanding of things like that, I prefer general definitions in that refer to rules. Cancel a strike means something different, in practice, than canceling an aditional strike and they're both combat cards.


James is right. A short way to remember it is:
  • for action cards: the action never happened (but the card was played)
  • for other cards: the card was played but with a blank text (= no effect)
[/b]

All the rules in the rulebook still apply (you can't play twice the same action modifier for instance, even if it's cardtext was blanked).

Also remember that, by default, the cost of cancelled card is paid, unless written otherwise (DI, Sudden Reversal... but not Santaleous). Since the cost of an action is paid when the action resolves succesfully, a cancelled action is never paid.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 03 Dec 2014 09:20 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2014 04:03 #67909 by Nac
Replied by Nac on topic Re: no repeat action
Many many thanks jamesatzephyr. I thought the "only 1 source of aditional" worked the way acion modifiers and reactions do, now I know I was mistaken. Great explanation :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2020 12:03 #98732 by Thalco
Replied by Thalco on topic no repeat action
With this thread clarifying the repeat action clause, I’d like to make sure I’m playing something right.

If I play Mirror Image for stealth and then become blocked. Can I still play a second mirror image in combat? And does it work the same the other way around. Same for occlusion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2020 09:43 #98743 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic no repeat action

Thalco wrote: If I play Mirror Image for stealth and then become blocked. Can I still play a second mirror image in combat? And does it work the same the other way around. Same for occlusion.


The rules on the same minion playing an action modifier more than once during an action don't care about playing the same card as a combat card (or any other card type). When it's played as a combat card, it's just a combat card.

(You could potentially have a card that had two uses like that, but which had extra card text limiting it to once per action regardless of which way it had been played, but I can't think of anything relevant.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yomyael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2020 14:23 - 06 Nov 2020 14:30 #101073 by Raven
Replied by Raven on topic Re: no repeat action

jamesatzephyr wrote:
Action:
- You play Parity Shift
- I DI it
- You can play another Parity Shift or another political action of your choice. The repeat action 'taint' only kicks in when the action resolves, so no rule text is preventing you from doing so.


is it true (i suppouse that DI=Direct Intervention)?

Game should remember that political action was played as you described it on example of Immortal Grapple.

does it mean if political action is cancelled by Dark Influences then this vamp can play another political action?

does it works the same with cards that can be played only once per game/once pre combat/ once per turn?
Last edit: 06 Nov 2020 14:30 by Raven.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2020 15:23 #101074 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: no repeat action

Raven wrote:

jamesatzephyr wrote:
Action:
- You play Parity Shift
- I DI it
- You can play another Parity Shift or another political action of your choice. The repeat action 'taint' only kicks in when the action resolves, so no rule text is preventing you from doing so.


is it true (i suppouse that DI=Direct Intervention)?

It is.

Raven wrote: Game should remember that political action was played as you described it on example of Immortal Grapple.

It does. That's why you can't play another Ancient Influence if the first one was canceled as played;

Raven wrote: does it mean if political action is cancelled by Dark Influences then this vamp can play another political action?

Yes.

Raven wrote: does it works the same with cards that can be played only once per game/once pre combat/ once per turn?

No.

You must be careful about "playing" a card, and performing an action.

The "no repeat action" rule kicks in when the action is resolved (successfully or not), not when the action card is played.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum