file Dam the Heart's + River Target Vitals

30 Dec 2014 04:53 - 30 Dec 2014 04:54 #68345 by Lech
Dam the Heart's River
Combat
Quietus
Frenzy. Only usable before range is determined. A vampire can play only one Dam the Heart's River each combat.
:qui: This combat, each strike or damaging effect made against the opposing minion inflicts +1 damage.
:QUI: As above, and this combat, strikes cost the opposing minion 1 additional blood or life, and the opposing minion can choose not to strike.

Target Vitals
Combat
Aim. Play when choosing a strike.
If any damage from this strike is successfully inflicted on the opposing minion, he or she takes an additional 2 damage from this strike, and he or she cannot press this round. The opposing minion may discard two combat cards :combat: to cancel this card. A minion may play only one aim each strike.

Arika vs Fatima, Arika plays no cards, Fatima play Dam and strike with vitals. How many damage take Arika ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2014 04:54 by Lech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2014 05:50 #68346 by mjvtes521
Since Dam the Heart's River has been played Fatima's hand strike would be for 2 +2 more from Target Vitals unless the 2 damage from the hand strike is prevented. If Fatima's hand strike for 2 is prevented, then Arika takes no damage.

More
30 Dec 2014 12:19 - 30 Dec 2014 12:22 #68364 by jamesatzephyr

Arika vs Fatima, Arika plays no cards, Fatima play Dam and strike with vitals. How many damage take Arika ?

The damage from Target Vitals isn't considered to be a separate "strike or damaging effect", so Dam the Heart's River applies only once.

In response to a question about Nephandus - who affects "Each strike or damaging effect made against the Nephandus" - and Target Vitals:

[LSJ 20091123]

.44: 2R.
After Nephandus: 1R.
After T:V: 3R.

He takes three damage.

I imagine the question was whether the T:V was a separate source of damage to be
separately reduced by Nephandus's special.

Which it clearly isn't being. Presumably because the card text on Target Vitals says that the additional damage comes "from this strike", so though it's an unconventional way of modifying the strike, it's all treated as one dollop of damage from one strike, much like the more conventional Torn Signpost + Increased Strength + Undead Strength would all be treated together.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2014 12:22 by jamesatzephyr.

More
30 Dec 2014 16:29 - 30 Dec 2014 16:35 #68383 by Lech
Follow up question, how many counters are burned from Fatima's Weighted Walking Stick (fatima played Dam and T:V, Arika had hand stuck with political actions, masters, stealth and freak drives) ?

Fatima play WWS + Baal's Bloody Talons + Target: Vitals again helpless Arika. How many damage is aggravated, just 3 ?

Ambrosio Luis Mocanda strike with Undead Strenght combined with Target:Vitals against Enkidu. No damage is prevented, no additional strikes. Can Mocanda disarm Enkidu ?

Thanks for current replies, here goes my idea for :ani: :dom: :qui: create a clan deck. Meh, it will do just 10 damage with 3 cards (cc+dth+afb) ... i can live with it.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2014 16:35 by Lech.

More
30 Dec 2014 17:14 #68384 by jamesatzephyr

Follow up question, how many counters are burned from Fatima's Weighted Walking Stick (fatima played Dam and T:V, Arika had hand stuck with political actions, masters, stealth and freak drives) ?

Card text:
For each point of damage inflicted by this strike (even if prevented), remove a counter from this card.

As above, the TV damage is part of the strike effect. So in the above situation, the WWS does 1 damage (base strength) + 1 damage (WWS card text) + 1 damage (Dam) + 2 damage (TV) = 5 damage. So remove 5 counters.

Fatima play WWS + Baal's Bloody Talons + Target: Vitals again helpless Arika. How many damage is aggravated, just 3 ?

The damage from TV is from the strike (and from the weapon), and so is modified by the Baal's Bloody Talons. For the purposes of handling the damage (assuming the TV damage occurs), think of it somewhat like playing Undead Strength at an unconventional time.

The same occurs if you play TV on a hand strike with a claw.

[LSJ 20081230]

> So if I target Vitals a strike using Wolf claws, does that mean the TV
> is agg too as the base dmg is ag? Sorry, my brain is numb from work
Correct.

Ambrosio Luis Mocanda strike with Undead Strenght combined with Target:Vitals against Enkidu. No damage is prevented, no additional strikes. Can Mocanda disarm Enkidu ?

Ambrosio has done 5 damage: 1 base + 2 (Undead Strength superior) + 2 (TV). Enkidu has done 3. So Ambrosio can play Disarm.

The TV damage is from the vampire (not environmental) and from the strike (not a non-strike effect, like Pulled Fangs).
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

More
01 Jan 2015 15:03 #68408 by Asnek
one another related to damn the hearth's river.

as card text at inferior indicates all strikes are with +1 damage after you play it.
[qui]: This combat, each strike or damaging effect made against the opposing minion inflicts +1 damage.

how does this work with no damage strikes?

if i would play forearm block would i get that additional damage from Damed river?
if i would play theft would it be for stealing 2 blood and 1 additionla damage as well?

i found global ruling that should be explaining this but rather to be sure i want to clarify:
- Adding damage to strikes which are not damage dealing strikes will not deal damage (e.g., using Lucky Blow and choosing your Rowan Ring melee weapon won't deal damage) [RTR 19960221]

:hosk: :dem: :val: :for: :AUS: :NEC: :SER: :cap7:

assholepopulation.com/
Did u saw one today?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds