file The Coven

07 Feb 2015 23:32 #69133 by Nac
The Coven was created by Nac
Hi. Vampire X is without blood as he was just rescued from torpor by another of my vampires and I have The Coven untaped: can I give him 2 blood with the coven so he doen't have to mandatory hunt? By means of mandatory actions, we think or it regarding other actions or it is mandatory regarding other effects as the coven or I don't know, another activated effects? Many thanks in advance.

The Coven
Unique master. Trifle.
Put this card into play. Tap to move 2 blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire you control. During your discard phase, your predator takes control of The Coven.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2015 00:33 #69134 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: The Coven

Hi. Vampire X is without blood as he was just rescued from torpor by another of my vampires and I have The Coven untaped: can I give him 2 blood with the coven so he doen't have to mandatory hunt?

Yes.

You could tap The Coven at the end of the rescue action, when he's ready (effect of resolving the action) but before the action ends, like Freak Drive. Or you could tap it in the "between actions" phase that exists for cards like Heidelberg Castle - your minion phase actually goes "action -> between actions phase -> action -> between actions phase -> action ...."

The point about mandatory actions is that when you have them, the next action you take must be one of your mandatory actions, and you can't end your minion phase if you have a pending mandatory action(*). It doesn't mean that you have to rush by the "between actions" phase to immediately announce the mandatory action right this second.

(*) Unless that vampire is stuck, because they have a mandatory action that they must do, but also have a prohibition on doing it. Say, you're untapped and empty, but you played a Change of Target earlier on a hunt action, so can't hunt again this turn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds