file Adv Sarrasine Corruption counters & take control

17 Feb 2015 00:08 - 17 Feb 2015 00:10 #69288 by Lead
Can we get a Rules Team Ruling on Sarrasine (ADV) ?

Can you burn Sarrasine's corruption counters to take control of a minion, or do you need to play a card that has that text?

[Adv] Sarrasine (see non-Advanced)
[aus]
[nec]
[OBF]

[SER]
[Follower of Set] Follower of Set

Capacity: 8

Group: 2

Advanced, Camarilla Prince of Sydney.
[MERGED] If Sarrasine is ready during your untap phase, you can put 1 corruption counter on a minion controlled by your prey.

Corruption
[Action] Action

[Follower of Set] Follower of Set

+1 stealth action.
(D) Put a corruption counter on a minion controlled by your prey. If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds the blood capacity of that vampire or the cost of that ally, you may burn all of your corruption counters on that minion to gain control of him or her.'

EDIT: I am assuming the card designer intent is that you can use Sarrasine's corruption counters without playing a card. However, the card text and rules of the game don't support that. I am sure playgroups are confused and or arguing about it on occasion. Errata?
Last edit: 17 Feb 2015 00:10 by Lead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2015 00:29 #69289 by BenPeal

Can you burn Sarrasine's corruption counters to take control of a minion, or do you need to play a card that has that text?

Merged Sarrasine does not grant the ability to take control of a minion with corruption counters. You will need to play a card that has that text.

Similarly, Revelation of Wrath and Weigh the Heart:

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?lib=1458

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?lib=1493

More
17 Feb 2015 06:14 - 17 Feb 2015 06:16 #69291 by Ankha

Merged Sarrasine does not grant the ability to take control of a minion with corruption counters. You will need to play a card that has that text.

Similarly, Revelation of Wrath and Weigh the Heart:

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?lib=1458

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?lib=1493

We have the chance to have the designer's intent! ;)

As Ben said, Corruption counters don't have any effect per se. You need cards that interact with them.

groups.google.com/d/topic/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/h7BXc7Z-MTE/discussion

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 17 Feb 2015 06:16 by Ankha.

More
17 Feb 2015 07:59 #69293 by BenPeal

We have the chance to have the designer's intent! ;)

The designer's intent was to not use more than four lines of text in the card's text box. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis, self biased

More
17 Feb 2015 20:29 #69303 by Miasmat
I've still never known the correct ruling. Does the text to steal only need to be played once ever? Or does it have to be the thing that causes the minion steal.

That is, if add a bunch of Corruption counters from Merged Sarrasine, then play 1 Corruption that steals the minion right then. But if I played 1 Corruption, then a bunch of Sarrasine counters, does that steal?

More
17 Feb 2015 20:48 #69304 by a-e

I've still never known the correct ruling. Does the text to steal only need to be played once ever? Or does it have to be the thing that causes the minion steal.

That is, if add a bunch of Corruption counters from Merged Sarrasine, then play 1 Corruption that steals the minion right then. But if I played 1 Corruption, then a bunch of Sarrasine counters, does that steal?

4 cap target - 3 counters with Sarrasine special then Corruption to add fourth counter, successfully stolen. Your counters equals the cap.

4 cap target - one counter with Corruption then 3 counters with Sarrasine, nothing happens until you play Corruption (or similar effect with steal minion part in it), in this case your corruption counters exceeds the cap.

Corruption
Action
Follower of Set
+1 stealth action.
Put a corruption counter on a minion controlled by your prey. If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds the blood capacity of that vampire or the cost of that ally, you may burn all of your corruption counters on that minion to gain control of him or her.'

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds