file Sword of Judgement

07 Mar 2015 14:51 #69733 by Nac
Sword of Judgement was created by Nac
Hi

Do you have to use the sword in order to gain an aditional strike. That aditional, is rectricted only to use the sword?

sword of judgment

Unique melee weapon.
Strength+1 damage each strike, with an optional additional strike each round. Only usable by Brujah antitribu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: miketheknife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2015 17:49 - 07 Mar 2015 17:51 #69736 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Sword of Judgement

Hi

Do you have to use the sword in order to gain an aditional strike. That aditional, is rectricted only to use the sword?

sword of judgment

Unique melee weapon.
Strength+1 damage each strike, with an optional additional strike each round. Only usable by Brujah antitribu.

You get the additional strike only if you use the weapon's strike (provided you can gain additional strikes of course).
It's part of the strike, otherwise it would say something like "bearer can gain 1 addigional strike each round".

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 07 Mar 2015 17:51 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: miketheknife

More
07 Mar 2015 18:46 #69737 by jamesatzephyr

You get the additional strike only if you use the weapon's strike (provided you can gain additional strikes of course).
It's part of the strike, otherwise it would say something like "bearer can gain 1 addigional strike each round".

Incorrect. The two aren't linked. [LSJ 20030213]

The original card text is clearer - I don't know why it was changed. vtes.pl/card/40248

More
07 Mar 2015 19:46 #69738 by 2wayspeaker
Replied by 2wayspeaker on topic Re: Sword of Judgement
From what I gather from that topic, regarding weapons:
Optional Maneuver -> you have to use the weapon (zip gun, magnum)
Optional press/strike/prevent -> no requirement on striking with the weapon (talbots chainsaw, sword of judgment) unless otherwise stated (ak-47)

Is this correct or could I still refuse to strike at all if I use a gun maneuver?

More
07 Mar 2015 20:12 - 07 Mar 2015 20:14 #69739 by jamesatzephyr

Is this correct or could I still refuse to strike at all if I use a gun maneuver?

You can't voluntarily decline to strike, unless you have card text permitting that. e.g. Putrefaction , although maneuvering with the gun has committed you to choosing the strike anyway. And obviously certain things (Immortal Grapple) can render your strike impossible leaving you stuck, but that's not voluntary either.

Basically, if you maneuver with the gun, you have to try to strike with it.
Last edit: 07 Mar 2015 20:14 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds