file Target Head/Target Vitals

15 Mar 2015 01:07 #69858 by Nac
Hi

Target Head says "The strike does +2 damage." and target Vitals says: "he or she takes an additional 2 damage from this strike". What difference does it make? Can I do extra damage with Catatonic Fear with any, both of them or just one?

Many Thanks in advance.

Target Head
Library
Aim. Play when choosing a strike.
The strike does +2 damage. The opposing minion may discard a combat card Combat to cancel this card. If any damage from this strike is successfully inflicted on the opposing minion, he or she cannot use any additional strikes or presses this round, and you may set the range for the next round. A minion may play only one aim each strike.

Target Vitals
Library
Aim. Play when choosing a strike.
If any damage from this strike is successfully inflicted on the opposing minion, he or she takes an additional 2 damage from this strike, and he or she cannot press this round. The opposing minion may discard two combat cards Combat to cancel this card. A minion may play only one aim each strike.

Catatonic fear

Presence Strike: combat ends.
Presence As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2015 07:32 - 15 Mar 2015 07:36 #69862 by jamesatzephyr

Target Head says "The strike does +2 damage." and target Vitals says: "he or she takes an additional 2 damage from this strike".

You need to read the whole sentence on Target Vitals.

Target Head makes the strike do +2 damage. So I strike you hands for one and Target Head for +2, you're taking 3 damage.

Target Vitals makes you take two additional damage if the strike does any damage successfully in the first place. I strike you hands for one and play Target Vitals. If my hands for one is successfully inflicted, you take an extra two damage.

So, consider that your vampire has a Flak Jacket on.

- With Target Head, you're taking 3 damage. Prevent 1 from 3, so there's still two damage left over.

- With Target Vitals, you're taking 1 damage. That damage is prevented, so no damage from this strike is successfully inflicted, so the two extra damage doesn't spring into life.

Can I do extra damage with Catatonic Fear with any, both of them or just one?

Either, if you're playing Catatonic Fear at superior. (You can't add damage to a non-damage dealing strike if it's played at inferior.)

This makes the damage very hard (but not impossible) to prevent - Leather Jacket and Surge are the two most likely options.
Last edit: 15 Mar 2015 07:36 by jamesatzephyr.

More
16 Mar 2015 20:58 #69895 by Miasmat
For the interaction with Catatonic Fear, the big difference is the number of cards they have to discard to cancel the Aim card - 2 for Vitals, 1 for Head.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds