file Action declaration on Magic of the Smith

15 Mar 2015 15:33 #69865 by Nac
hi

Are targets declared in Magic of the Smith? Does player have to say: I'm going to go for X" or he pick whatever equipment he want? We here thought every efect had to include targets, concrete targets, as announced, not so important on usual actions but very important on sudario/magic and such, but now I'm not sure.

many thanks in advance.

Magic of the Smith
Library
+1 stealth action.
Thaumaturgy Search your library for an equipment card and equip this acting vampire with it (requirements and cost apply as normal). Shuffle afterward.
Thaumaturgy As above, but this is a +3 stealth action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2015 16:01 #69866 by a-e
Successful action lets you search equipment from library, so it won't need a target card named on announce. You may also find no equipment if you so chose.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
15 Mar 2015 20:32 #69869 by Pascal Bertrand

Successful action lets you search equipment from library, so it won't need a target card named on announce. You may also find no equipment if you so chose.

Correct.

More
15 Mar 2015 23:02 #69871 by Nac
So if I play a Bum's Rush, I don't have to pick a minion until after it goes unblocked. I just have to anounce against which player it goes, as it is a direct action. Or if I play a Conceal and the target has 2 locations, I can destroy any on them. (It changes a lot how we have been playing the game, I'm kind of confused)

More
16 Mar 2015 02:50 #69872 by Juggernaut1981
Nope.
For Bum's Rush you are entering combat with a minion. So you have to name the minion.

Magic of the Smith requires you to basically "name your library as the target of a search" but doesn't require you to say what card you are searching for. If it instead said "Name an Equipment Card and search your library for a copy of the named card" then you would have to tell everyone the Equipment card first.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
16 Mar 2015 12:57 #69878 by Nac
What about efects that target cards in ash heap: are they declared with card target or their target is the ash heap?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds