file Action declaration on Magic of the Smith

16 Mar 2015 13:27 #69879 by Ankha

What about efects that target cards in ash heap: are they declared with card target or their target is the ash heap?

You answered your own question: if they target cards in the ash heap (eg. Sudario Refraction, Sargon Fragment...), you have to announce the target(s) when announcing the action.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2015 13:46 #69880 by Nac
Many many thanks.

One last question: Do activated efectcs work in the same way as actions in terms of declaring them? (declaring targets, costs, then tapping) I was trying to find some reference to them in the rulebook but couldn't find any I'm think about ercives fragments in particular.

erciyes fragments, the

Unique master.
Put this card in play. Tap this card to move a library card from your prey's ash heap to this card, face down. You may look at that card at any time. You may play the card from the Fragments as if playing it from your hand (requirements and cost, if any, apply as normal). When that card is burned, remove it from the game instead. Only 1 card can be on this card at a time. Any vampire with a capacity above 4 can steal the Fragments (and any card on it) for his or her controller as a (D) action.

More
16 Mar 2015 15:21 #69885 by jamesatzephyr

One last question: Do activated efectcs work in the same way as actions in terms of declaring them? (declaring targets, costs, then tapping)

Except for the fact that you're using a card in-play to get the effect, rather than playing it from your hand, everything else works the same.

Of course:

a) playing a card is itself quite a big difference, because you can play Direct Intervention on Boxed In, but can't play it on me tapping Mob Connections or Police Department, and

b) a lot of the time, there's very little controversial to announce - a lot of in-play effects give you no interesting choices after you've chosen to use them. Obviously, some do have interesting things to decide and announce, though.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds