file Combat ends vs weapons that are used

22 Mar 2015 17:40 #69986 by Nac
Hi

How do weapons like flash grenade or jar of skin eaters interact with combat ends? Do they burn anyway or as they doesn't reach resolution, they don't?

Many thanks in advance

Flash Grenade

Weapon.
Strike: combat ends. Ranged: if the opposing minion is a vampire, he or she is tapped and does not untap as normal on his or her next untap phase. If the bearer is a vampire and the grenade is used at close range, the bearer is also tapped and does not untap as normal on his or her next untap phase. Burn this weapon after use.

jar of skin eaters

Weapon.
The bearer may use this weapon only if it has a blood on it. Strike: 3R aggravated damage. This minion may inflict 3 aggravated damage on another minion as a (D) action. Burn after either use. Any Gargoyle enslaved to this vampire may move 1 blood to this card as a +1 stealth action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2015 17:55 - 22 Mar 2015 17:57 #69987 by Ankha

Hi

How do weapons like flash grenade or jar of skin eaters interact with combat ends? Do they burn anyway or as they doesn't reach resolution, they don't?

Flash Grenade's strike reaches resolution too, since it's a S:CE, so it burns and tap the opposing minion.

Jar of Skin Eaters' strike doesn't reach resolution so it doesn't burn (see also Bomb - groups.google.com/forum/?hl=fr#!msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/PuawBcgSIKI/D7zOKJXQDbMJ )

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 22 Mar 2015 17:57 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nac

More
22 Mar 2015 17:57 - 22 Mar 2015 17:58 #69988 by jamesatzephyr

You're only using them for a strike, and if you don't resolve the strike, you haven't "used" them. As Ankha points out, with S:CE vs S:CE (as in Flash Grenade), that strike does resolve.

Here's a similar discussion about White Phosphorus Grenade, with a combat ending prematurely from Rotschreck (which - for these purposes - is functionally equivalent to S:CE):

[LSJ 20001127]

> I am succesfully blocking an action with my Escaped Mental Patient, vs
> Vampire X. During my strike phase, i decide to go for +1 aggravated
> hand damage, and then i play Rotschreck.
>
> 1) Do i have to burn him (EMP) at the end of combat?
No, since he didn't strike.

> 2) If i was striking instead, with a White Phosphorous Grenade,
> should i burn the grenade?
No; it is only burned after use.

White Phosphorus Grenade
2R aggravated damage each strike. If White Phosphorus Grenade is used at close range, the minion with this equipment takes 1 aggravated damage. Burn after use.
Last edit: 22 Mar 2015 17:58 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nac

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds