file Kindred society games old ruling

29 Mar 2015 15:14 #70135 by Nac
Hi

I was looking for cards on vteschecklist and I found this, on Kindred society games:

clarifications, rulings, and errata

Ruling: The last sentence is vague. Replace it with "If the vampire doesn't untap but instead moves the Society Games on, but there is no tapped younger vampire to move it to, Society Games is burned instead." [RTR 19941109]
Clarification: If a vampire has two copies of Kindred Society Games played on it, each copy exerts its own effect on the vampire. Thus, untapping the vampire normally would require the vampire to burn a total of 2 blood. If the vampire does not untap normally, then both Games are moved to other vampire(s), although the vampire could burn 1 blood to prevent one of the Games from moving on. [RTR 19951017]

Does it still stands? I tried looking for an entry on card rulings but didn't find any.

many thanks on advance

kindred society games

Master.
Put this card on a ready vampire. This vampire doesn't untap as normal. During his or her controller's untap phase, that vampire either puts Society Games on a younger tapped vampire or burns 1 blood to untap. If the vampire choses to move Society Games but there is no tapped younger vampire, Society Games is burned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2015 15:49 #70136 by jamesatzephyr

Does it still stands? I tried looking for an entry on card rulings but didn't find any.

They're both included on vekn.net/card-rulings/card-rulings-g-to-o , under Kindred Society Games.

More
29 Mar 2015 16:47 #70137 by Nac
duh, looked for society, many thanks. Second one reads very very counterintuitive. I mean: vampire does not untap as normal but you must burn blood to be able to untap but that untap counts as the untap-as-normal, so you have to do it twice if you have two society on you.

More
29 Mar 2015 18:29 #70141 by jamesatzephyr

duh, looked for society, many thanks. Second one reads very very counterintuitive. I mean: vampire does not untap as normal but you must burn blood to be able to untap but that untap counts as the untap-as-normal, so you have to do it twice if you have two society on you.

It's a ruling from 1995, when the WotC Rules Team had a tendency to do what they wanted, rather than what card text said. But it's never been overturned.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds