file Kestrelle Hayes and multiple targets

27 May 2015 14:43 #71353 by TwoRazorReign
Your second paragraph is making my point. I simply think the card text could be clearer than it is in its current form. I apologize if my opinion annoys you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2015 18:03 #71355 by 2wayspeaker

Sabbat. Black Hand: Kestrelle gets +1 stealth on (D) actions directed at a Methuselah who doesn't control a ready Sabbat vampire.

Personally I think the distinction between "a" and "any" is not even of any importance here. "Any" is just a slightly more specific "a" that grants the benefit of the doubt. Is there a way to win game X? Response: yes. Is there any way to win game X? Yes, a single method on how to win game X.

But in this context wheter you use a or any, as soon as a single methuselah (a methuselah/any methuselah) does not controo a sabbat Kestrelle gets stealth.

In any case the meaning of a vs any is the same in regards to this card text. Changing it wouldn't have made anything clearer/more unclear than it already was.

More
27 May 2015 20:22 #71358 by TwoRazorReign
I mean, I understand where you are coming from. It's a very minor point I am making. But I think a minor wording glitch like this makes a much bigger difference to someone new to the game than someone who has been playing the game for a while. If "a" was changed to "any," a literal reading of the card text could be applied in situations where one action targets multiple Methuselahs. "Do any of the targeted Methuselas not control a Sabbat vampire? Oh, yes, one does not. + 1 stealth." At least that's how it would work in my brain. But that's just me.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds